Author Topic: Add attribute price only once  (Read 6458 times)

mckayc

Add attribute price only once
« on: June 01, 2008, 04:31:43 am »
I have stickers that I sell in bulk.  There is an option for custom text on the stickers but there is a setup fee for adding custom text.  I have it set up currently so that there is an attribute for  "setup fee" for $30.  The problem with this is that when a costumer orders multiple stickers (which is required) then the $30 setup fee is applied to EVERY sticker.  Is there a way so that this is only added once?

A way around this might be to create a product called "setup fee" and require this product to be purchased if you ordered custom stickers.  I don't think this is possible though in VirtueMart.  Any suggestions for how I could implement these ideas?  Any better ideas for having a setup fee?

mckayc

Re: Add attribute price only once
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2008, 18:06:59 pm »
The cold shoulder eh?

Here is another thought.  These are the options given for adding attribute prices:

Inline price adjustments for using the Advanced Attributes modification:
Price = +10 to add this amount to the configured price.
Price = -10 to subtract this amount from the configured price.
Price = 10 to set the product's price to this amount.

I think it would be cool if another option was added.
Price = 1x+10 to add this amount to the configured price only once.
Price = 1x-10 to subtract this amount from the configured price only once.

I think this would probably be fairly easy to do if I could find the code for this.

Daniel.uww

• Your-Domain-Pick: Purchase Your Domain Name
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2008, 17:02:36 pm »
I'm having the same issue.....I'd figure its already in the cart but im messing how to set it.
Running VM 1.1.3 and Joomla! 1.5

http://www.yourdomainpick.com Purchase Your Domain Name

csmconsulting

• Beginner
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2009, 06:24:07 am »
Same here...have several products that need to have 1 time setup fee, not once per.

kitties

• Beginner
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2009, 17:45:40 pm »
Yes that would be a great feature. I have tested so many things but I've given up now.
Maybe someone has an idea how to create an addon for this hack that you can charge once an fee????
Say you have an article which costs 1,00€ plus 3,00€ charge once: The customer orders 3 of the article and so he should just pay 3x1,00 plus 3,00 = 6,00€
Anyone ouzt there who can help?
Thanks a lot
kitties

david144

• Beginner
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2011, 00:15:41 am »
I noticed this post.  It's been here for awhile.  I am looking for something as well to put a one time setup fee on my products in my store.  The fee is sometimes different. Has anyone come up with anything yet? 

ryandiaz

• Beginner
  • VirtueMart Version: 1.1.6 Stable
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2012, 10:59:57 am »
I am looking for this exact thing.  I know Virtuemart 1 is old and no longer supported, but I'm still currently using it. 

Anyone out there have a solution / hack / mod for Virtuemart 1 to add an attribute price only once per quantity?
Joomla 1.5.22 | Virtuemart 1.1.6 Stable | PHP 5.3.13