News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Custom fields (attributes) special setup

Started by BadReligion, December 16, 2012, 18:32:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BadReligion

Hello everybody!

I have a question: is it possible to setup the custom fileds in VM as shown in the picture?

PolishedGeek

That's a really nice layout, perfect for a company that sells B2B logo wear items. Assuming you need stock levels tracked by each size, I'm not aware of any VM2 extension (or other eCommerce cart, for that matter) that will let you do something like that out of the box. You'll probably need to hire a web development company to create a custom plugin for you. 

(And yes, our company does a lot of eCommerce customizations.  :)  Contact us at https://polishedgeek.com/clients/contact.php if you would like to chat about the project.)
~ Deb Cinkus, CEO
Polished Geek, LLC   |    www.PolishedGeek.com

Creators of JoomLister - eBay Lister for Joomla!

BadReligion

Hi, tnx for the anwser. Theres no need to track the stck levels. The idea is just to simplfy order process.

For instance (With standard VM2 custom fileds): if the customer wants to buy t-shirt in 5 different colours and each colour has 5 sizes, the customer has to change the attributes 25 times and that is very furstrating and time consuming. I know that the problem can be partly solved with child products (example: t-shirt in  colour white with 5 child products, each child different size) but then there is new problem on the horizon: t-shirts are normally available in many colours (20+) and considering different t-shirt manufacturers all bacomes very messed up.

PolishedGeek

Well, then I think our extension that allows you to design any kind of custom fields and options that you want would do the trick.

What we have is an extension that connects a great custom form component, Breezing Forms by Crosstec, with VM2. You would design the form with the color selections and sizes the want you want and then use our extension to pull the choices the customer makes right into the cart and the order in VM2

You can learn more about our "Breezing Forms Custom Fields for VirtueMart" product here: https://polishedgeek.com/paid-extensions/breezing-forms-custom-fields-virtuemart-2.html
(Plus we also can create the custom form for you, for a fee.) 

Please do check it out, and if you have questions I'm always happy to help. 
~ Deb Cinkus, CEO
Polished Geek, LLC   |    www.PolishedGeek.com

Creators of JoomLister - eBay Lister for Joomla!