News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Jquery issue...products not adding to cart

Started by dawghart, December 15, 2012, 08:38:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dawghart

Joomla 2.5.8 virtuemart 2.0.14... i have tried everything suggested in the posts that i can find still no go .... whenever i click add to cart nothing happens so i disable vm jquery then i get redirected to empty cart.... i ant figure it out i have disable google jquery library also

bytelord

Production: Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.14 | PHP 5.3.13
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.16 | PHP 5.3.8
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 |    VM 2.1   | PHP 5.3.8

- Don't Forget to mark thread as solved when it is solved!
- Please do not PM with support questions, use the forum!

dawghart

Thanks for your reply i have been trying to get this to work for three days before i posted so i have tried that. live url is www.prissymisshair.com

jenkinhill

It will not work at the moment as you are not loading a jQuery library at all! So enable it under "Activate Css Styles & Javascripts" and check if it works. If there is staill a problem the change your joomla template to Beez5 and test with that one. Let us know what happens.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

bytelord

Hello,

As i see you are correct it and you are loading jquery using jquery easy, please try a 1.7.x version of jquery

Regards

dawghart

Thanks guys.. some of you need a donate button .... ok i have the use jquery option already on in vm... dont know where in the template to turn it on or off as i dont see that option..should i uninstall jquery easy

dawghart

Anyone...i have reinstalled joomla and virtuemart and still same issue

andreas.hallberg

Quote from: jenkinhill on December 15, 2012, 17:30:38 PM
It will not work at the moment as you are not loading a jQuery library at all! So enable it under "Activate Css Styles & Javascripts" and check if it works. If there is staill a problem the change your joomla template to Beez5 and test with that one. Let us know what happens.

I have the same problem but when I changed to Beez5 it works. I use a template made in Artisteer 4 and it seems that it adds Jquery. Should I, and is it possible, to stop Artisteer to add Jquery? I have tried to unmark the option in Virtuemart Templates tab that concerns the JQuery, but then I just come to an empty cart instead of adding the product and there will not be any pop up either.

Artisteer 4 adds JQuery 1.7.1.

BR

Andreas

andreas.hallberg

I have found the problem. It isn't my Artisteer template but a menu module I have installed. When I unpublish it it seems to work.

/Andreas

bytelord

Quote from: andreas.hallberg on December 16, 2012, 09:06:16 AM
I have found the problem. It isn't my Artisteer template but a menu module I have installed. When I unpublish it it seems to work.

/Andreas

Check your module and see if it loading jquery and unload it.

Quote from: dawghart on December 15, 2012, 21:08:09 PM
Anyone...i have reinstalled joomla and virtuemart and still same issue
As i see is working now without errors but you are loading twice jquery library, one from vm2 and one from your template. To your previous questions the jquery inside your template loaded inside the header /templates/prissymisstemp/jquery.js, and is the version 1.7.1.

Regards