News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

How to change "buy now" from Cart page to "send now"

Started by aeeeaom, December 15, 2012, 14:44:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aeeeaom

Hello.

I want to modify the Cart page, disabling for now the option of buying and replacing it by sending an email with the order form, requesting a budget.

thanks

[attachment cleanup by admin]

aeeeaom

Sorry, I did not explain it well.
I've already changed the text With The Joomla Language Manager. What I want to do is change not only the text, also the functionality.

I do not want people can buy, just create a shopping list and when they push the bottom "buy now", the application will send an email to the seller requesting a budget.

thank you very much

PRO

Quote from: aeeeaom on December 17, 2012, 22:14:02 PM
Sorry, I did not explain it well.
I've already changed the text With The Joomla Language Manager. What I want to do is change not only the text, also the functionality.

I do not want people can buy, just create a shopping list and when they push the bottom "buy now", the application will send an email to the seller requesting a budget.

thank you very much

then what you need to do is setup a payment method  "standard payment"

just change all text you have to after that.

What you want is a "quote cart"

aeeeaom

Hello.

I have created a new payment method "VM - Payment, Standard", sorry  but I don't know to create a "quote cart", because that method remains references to methods of payment and invoices.

thanks

PRO

Quote from: aeeeaom on December 18, 2012, 22:12:56 PM
Hello.

I have created a new payment method "VM - Payment, Standard", sorry  but I don't know to create a "quote cart", because that method remains references to methods of payment and invoices.

thanks

if all you want is a quote cart.

You have to change the "text"

from like  "Invoice" to "Quote"

etc.

aeeeaom

Hi.
Yes, you're right. A quote cart is just what I'm tring to configure.

I'm trying to find the "text" you mentioned in order to change it, but I can't find it anywere. I guess that it should be some kind of configuration parameter, but I don't know where to look for it. Would you be so kind to tell me where exactly is that value located, so I can change it?
Best regards

aeeeaom

Hi.

I have read the url supplied and I changed the text.

I will try to explain what I want to do. I have a cart with the products, as shown in
the first image ("orden1"), now when I push "request a budget", it appears
"orden2", "orden3" and "orden41". What I want is that the initial screen of cart
can be confirmed directly,also I want to eliminate the screens about shipping and billing information.
And when I push "confirm" I would only send a email with the selected products in the cart to the vendor.

I want to remove the payment to complete an order.

thank you very much

PRO

how are you gonna capture their email & phone #?

you have to have atleast the billing address

The payment can be the standard method (hidden)"automatic select payment"

The shipment can be set to "automatic select shipment"

lindapowers

Y no es más fácil usar Virtuemart en modo catálogo y poner un e-mail de contacto?

Para eso además ya tienes la pestaña de "ask a question about this product"

jenkinhill

This is how I set up a quote system, in this case I do not require the full contact details of the client. email/phone number is sufficient.

1. in Configuration/Shopper fields I deselect Required for all the elements I do not need, and also unpublish them. I leave first & last name & telephone number active, together with the locked Joomla elements at the bottom of the list.

2. I create a single Payment Method based on Standard, and call it (for example) "Quotation for goods", make sure it is Published  and save it.

3. I create a single shipping method, call it (eg) "Delivery charge to be notified", publish and save it.  For shipping and payment I make no other edits to the setup.

4. On Configuration checkout I check Enable Automatic Selected Shipment?  and  Enable Automatic Selected Payment?

This will then work for the shopper, who does not have to select a payment or shipping method and is only asked for minimal details, enough to identify and contact them.

I create language overrides to change the text as required, so it make sense for the site user.

I also usually make template overrides for the store so the layout & style is to my satisfaction.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

aeeeaom

Thanks to everybody.

I need to set up a quote system because the website is for a woodwork and the final price of a product depends on whether you buy another products at the same time.

I did all the steps and it works fine, thanks.

Just a question, in the final image (it's attached) shows two lines "info" in one of them appears the shopper's email but the other is empty. Is it right or you should see the seller's email?
Sorry to ask but the server is local and I haven't not yet to mail server configuration.

thanks.

ultimamedia

is it possible not to specify a price - and then give the price manually?