News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Editing Order Email

Started by DawnMB, December 15, 2012, 03:27:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DawnMB

I've tried searching this up and can't seem to figure out how to edit the emails that go out to customer after they place an order in virtuemart. Running 2.x - please, not a programmer, so really simple talk  ;D

Thx.
Dawn

tarku

Hi
Please check siteroot\components\com_virtuemart\views\invoice\tmpl there is file named mail_html.php
This is the file where the mail to the user go
Please check is it helpful for you..

DawnMB

I'm sorry, but it's not clear to me where / how you would edit the text for this ?

Thank you.
Dawn

WakeyMark

Hi,

Well i have been looking and searching now for the past 4-5 hours on how to edit this email..... There seem to be plenty of people asking this question but nobody seems to be providing a correct answer.

So can one of the admin staff ect please give us all a correct workable answer to what should be a very simple solution to someone who knows about this.

I am running Joomla! 2.5.9, with VirtueMart 2.0.18a, and what i need to do is change at the bottom of the email that the customer gets when they have placed an order, where it says 'Total' i would like to put in brackets afterward the word (inc VAT) and also on the PDF attachment. Also could we have the file or files to edit please not just the folder.

Many thanks in advance for any help

Mark

tarku

HI

All the mail like this goes from the views invoice you may check it and make the changes as required

GJC Web Design

The email is made up of multiple templates in components/com_virtuemart/views/invoice/tmpl

starts with components/com_virtuemart/views/invoice/tmpl/mail_html.php which calls various other templates

<?php
// Shop desc for shopper and vendor
if ($this->recipient == 'shopper') {
    echo $this->loadTemplate('header');
}
// Message for shopper or vendor
echo $this->loadTemplate($this->recipient);
// render shipto billto adresses
echo $this->loadTemplate('shopperaddresses');
// render price list
echo $this->loadTemplate('pricelist');
// more infos
echo $this->loadTemplate($this->recipient '_more');
// end of mail
echo $this->loadTemplate('footer');
?>

These templates load other templates e.g mail_html_pricelist.php loads invoice_items.php

if your just changing texts use the language files e.g. COM_VIRTUEMART_ORDER_PRINT_TOTAL in language/en-GB/en-GB.com_virtuemart.ini etc
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation