[ SOLVED ] Media manager gets error "vmError: Sorry,It's not a valid media file"

Started by frytako, December 13, 2012, 17:26:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frytako

Hello everyone!

I have a problem with VM2 Media manager and I don't find any similar solutions in the forums:

When I try to upload one or more images inside a product via the product's page it just works fine, but when I try to do it via the Media Manager (even using the same files) I always got the error vmError: Sorry,It's not a valid media file (see attached file). It doesn't matter what type or role the file is.

I can't use the VM Media Manager to upload new files, so now I cannot upload files for sale or download.  :-\

I tried using VM "Restore System Defaults", or "Reset all tables and do a fresh install", but the problem persists. Any ideas on why could this be happening? I'm on Joomla 2.5.8 Stable and Virtuemart 2.0.14.

Thank you so much for your answer!

[attachment cleanup by admin]

frytako

Well, I din't actually solve the vmError, but i found a "solution" by uploading via FTP the media for sale directly into the vmfiles folder, and then using the "Sinchronize media to virtuemart" button from the VM Media Files manager.

Milbo

You must use the "new" option, then select for the "role" = "for sale". Can you post the name of the file you want to upload?
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

frytako

Hi Milbo,
Thank you for your answer. The filename is "Glasshouse.mp3". When I upload it with VM Media Files (using New, and with role "for sale") I stille get the vmError. Then it seems that the media has been uploaded because I can see it in the list, but if I try to upload another file "for sale" it deletes the last uploaded one, so I can only upload one file "for sale" (and I'm not sure if it is corrupted...)

When I do it "manually" via FTP and the synchronize button it works fine, even with multiple for sale files.

I'm on VM 2.0.16

Milbo

Hmmm, maybe the answer is silly, but it happened also to me and there will be another user now commenting telling me that he wants that since a year.

Are you sure you selected "upload"?
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

frytako

Argh!!! I can't believe it! That was totally silly! I didn't select upload....

Thank you so much Milbo, this worked perfectly!