News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Remove ToS from account maintenance

Started by Ihateit, December 13, 2012, 12:00:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ihateit

Hey forum,

i want to remove Terms of Service from the account maintenance page in Virtuemart. You arent able to read the ToS on the account maintenance page anyhow, so it doesnt really makes any sense that its there.

I tried going to Configuration->Shopperfields, but the ToS item is locked and the lock says "User field from Joomla Core". So i've looked around for this Joomla Core userfields, but i cant find them anywhere.

I appreciate any help at all :-)

//Anders J.

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Ihateit

Hey jenkinhill,

thank you for the reply.

I went to extensions->plug-in and found "User - Profile", and disabled Terms of Service here, it didnt work. It's still showing under account maintenance page in virtuemart.
I tried editing the plugins/user/profile/profile.php file as suggested in the last comment in the bugreport, but nothing changed in the account maintenance page, i believe this is only for when registering a joomla account.

Do you know if i can find a file somwhere, with all these userfields listed, and simply just delete the Terms of Service field??

//Anders J.

jenkinhill

OK I have found a way to do it.

Make a copy of the file   joomla_root/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/views/userfields/tmpl/default.php

Locate the line   
$coreField = (in_array($row->name, $this->lists['coreFields']));
and comment it out  (add // at the beginning of the line)

Save the file and upload to joomla_root/administrator/templates/bluestork/html/com_virtuemart/userfields/ so it works as an override in the backend.

The locked userfields are now available. Click on the icons in the "agreed" row, "Show in account maintenance" column to alter the publishing rules. Save.

Now the tos does not show in the A/C maintenance page.

To finish I relocked the fields by renaming the override template so it no longer is default.php  - then I can do it again if necessary following the next VM update.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Ihateit

jenkinhill, you are simply awesome!

Thanks a lot, that was a perfect solution :-)

Have a nice weekend!

//Anders J.

Ps. i should be able to mark your question as the correct one, so future viewers are able to see it

claus6000

Thank you very much for your reply (you answered a few days ago to a question re. my question about how to get rid of TOS and sent me here first with a link).

I have done this:
"Make a copy of the file   joomla_root/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/views/userfields/tmpl/default.php

Locate the line   
"

But I use rt_afterburner_j16 as my template and I can't find the /userfields - neither in bluestork or in rt_afterburner_j16. Do you have any suggestions?

Thank you SO much for helping!

depika

I did what you mention but when I edit the field at the Shopper Fields the No option is not selectable!

jenkinhill

Quote from: jenkinhill on December 13, 2012, 18:31:51 PM
Make a copy of the file   joomla_root/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/views/userfields/tmpl/default.php

Locate the line   

Save the file and upload to joomla_root/administrator/templates/bluestork/html/com_virtuemart/userfields/ so it works as an override in the backend.

The locked userfields are now available. Click on the icons in the "agreed" row, "Show in account maintenance" column to alter the publishing rules. Save.

Now the tos does not show in the A/C maintenance page.

To finish I relocked the fields by renaming the override template so it no longer is default.php  - then I can do it again if necessary following the next VM update.

Works every time for me, and still works in VM2.0.26d.

If it does not work as an override on your system then replace the administrator/components/com_virtuemart/views/userfields/tmpl/default.php file with the edited version, and change it back when you have finished.

Maybe you don't use Bluestork in the backend?
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

jstratos

Thanks Jenkinhill - Perfect for me.

Thanks for posting!