How to make the update status button in virtuemart orders admin area automatic??

Started by hishaqat, May 14, 2014, 17:40:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hishaqat

i am currently using virtuemart as a component for my website, i have tied the website to the artio vmsms component which sends the user an sms message on order changes. the problem i am facing is that every time i want to have an sms message sent, i have to login as an admin and change the order status and click the update order status button manually, i want this process to be done automatically when the status of the order is changed in the database table, because it is tied to a hardware component which changes this order status. can anything be done to overcome the problem i am having? i want the system to send an sms when the status is changed in the database automatically, not by having to go in and clicking the update order status button manually?
Thanks in advance.
Modify message

jenkinhill

Ask Artio if that can change their code or supply a plugin for this function.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

GJC Web Design

The whole basis of plugins etc is that they use triggers - your "hardware" should be using a status change trigger so that that can trigeer the sms etc etc - your looking at this from the wrong end...
It is the (I assume) DB query from the "hardware" bypassing the system.

If the hardware can't call a trigger then you need maybe a cronjob that runs a script every so often looking for status changes since the last run and then calls the sms plug..
But what ever way you do it it will need coding and dev -> that's time -> that's money
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation