News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

user in joomla doens't appear in vm2

Started by Attilio, December 12, 2012, 11:03:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Attilio

Hi all, i have inserted in joomla about 80 users, but in vm shoppers they doesn't appear until i login into the site. Is there a possibility to view all users (either users that hadn't login in website) in shoppers list in vm2 ?

Thank you very much.

bytelord

Production: Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.14 | PHP 5.3.13
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.16 | PHP 5.3.8
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 |    VM 2.1   | PHP 5.3.8

- Don't Forget to mark thread as solved when it is solved!
- Please do not PM with support questions, use the forum!

Attilio

Hello,
i'm using joomla version 2.5.6 and virtuemart 2.0.14. I've made other test, and if i create only one user in joomla administration i can see it in the virtuemart administration, but if i create 5 or more user in joomla administration i cannot see them in virtuemart administration.

Thank you for helping me.

bytelord

Are those users under joomla user configuration Enabled and activated?

Regards

Attilio

Yes they are all actived, it seems that vm show me only 2 users, if i put 3 or more users i cannot see them, only way to see them is login in frontend shop and put address and other information.

bytelord

Yes you have right, i tested also in vm 2.0.15c

So when adding a user from joomla backend and not register from the front end the user does not exist in vmusers table, to appear you have to login in front end with the that user and update user details for vm.

I move the post ...

Attilio

If u add only one user in joomla users management he can be seen in vm shoppers, but if u add more than 2 users in joomla they cannot see in vm shoppers list  :'(

Milbo

The point is that the vm list is a shopper list and not a user list and a joomla user need not to be a shopper. This is the reason behind all that
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

bytelord

Yes,
btw, the first user (except super admin) added automatically to vm shopper group and is there on shoppers list.
But as you mention a joomla user is not mean that is also a shopper, may be showed on vm shoppers list without group -None-  or could add a function "Import all joomla users as Shoppers" ... Not sure, may be not necessary ....

Attilio

Yes, because if i import a lot of user, it is not so good to login and fill all information regarding address and etc for became shoppers, a function import joomla users would be very appreciated.

Thank very much you for your help.

Milbo

There is no reason to import users. 5 minutes and the joomla users are displayed in that list. But then we got another problem. I dont remember exactly, but I removed this behaviour, because people stumbled over something else then. I think it was something that they tried then to adjust joomla user settings there, which does not work. Even joomla itself is not showing a correct ACL list (you never wondered why admin is on second position?). Okey, I changed it back, next version you will see the users again.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Attilio

Very good Milbo.
The great problem now, without users in vm list but only in joomla, is that they cannot be associated to any virtuemart group.

Btw thank you per understanding this problem and thank you for all your work.

Milbo

All users without group not logged in are usually in anonyomous ( they can be pushed in other groups per plugins)
All users without group, BUT logged in are automatically in the standard group.