News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Weird Question?

Started by AcE Kustoms, December 10, 2012, 13:19:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AcE Kustoms

I'm building a site that doesn't actually desire to utilize money transactions, but utilize Alpha Points instead.
I have downloaded a paid 3rd party extension that apparently allows me to select AU points in VM 2 as a payment option.

Now the bit I'm having difficulty with-

I have produced lots of training Videos and this is what I want to allow my users to view with points they've earnt by using other site features. My main issue is ,is how to incorporate a video so it can't be seen until the alpha point checkout has been made...I don't want my users having the ability to download the actual video (I could do it this way I suppose but would prefer not too as the videos are quite large in size), and I'd prefer each time they desire to view that video that more points are deducted.

A couple of options I thought of was to store my videos in a site category and URL re-direct once the checkouts completed, is this possible? and could I hide the URL so they can't bookmark such
Password protect the file in the same site category and then use VM2 to supply the password in a downloadable document (But this allows re-access)
Or somehow encode the video directly into the product page of VM with a video plug-in, but I assume there's no way to hide this until checkout..

Again sorry if this is a strange question or I haven't explained it well, and perhaps there is other software better suited to this but I really like VM and would love to use the interface to somehow achieve my desires for my new site...Any assistance or further idea's whatsover would be greatly appreciated....

By the way I'm using Joomla 2.5, Alpha Points 1.8.1 and VM 2.0.14