News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Templating category products

Started by naoko15, December 10, 2012, 10:19:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

naoko15

Hi, i'm modifying the products category for it to look similar to the products module (the one with featured products, top ten, etc). I've already removed the product details button and added the quantity selector and the add to cart button. My problem is that since both, the products module and the products category layouts, share the same coding i cant position the add to cart button and the quantity selector the way i need in the category products without breaking the products module's design.

Any ideas will be very appreciated, i'm desperate now, i've spent ages trying to figure this out.

Thanks a lot.

bytelord

Hello,

Did you try using some CSS?
Version of Joomla, VM2?
Any live url? Any image how you would like it?

Regards
Production: Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.14 | PHP 5.3.13
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.16 | PHP 5.3.8
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 |    VM 2.1   | PHP 5.3.8

- Don't Forget to mark thread as solved when it is solved!
- Please do not PM with support questions, use the forum!

naoko15

Yes, i've used CSS. I managed to make it look how i wanted to with Firebug, but when i made the changes live i realised i was changing the layout in the products module too. I'm afraid i'm not able to post a live url, as i need the site to be closed to visitors. I might pm you login details if you need them though.

I'm using Joomla 2.5 and Virtuemart 2.0.12f. I've attached two pictures: the products module is how i need it to look like.

Thanks

[attachment cleanup by admin]

bytelord

Hello,

I have similar posts for the same template i suppose here: http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=110322.0

Regards

naoko15

Yes, i posted those, but the topic here is different. I am modifying the category products layout.

The first thing i did was to remove the product details button and add the add to cart button and quantity selector.

My problem is that the add to cart button and the quantity selector share the same coding with the product module's add to cart and quantity selector, so i cant' modify them separately: Whatever changes i make in one layout, is made in the other too.

Thanks again for the quick replies and the help.

bytelord

Hello,

Place your PHP/HTML code for title and class s5_productwrap after the add-to-cart button code. Then place a style for image class that you have made it null and float it left using CSS, then make a little bit more space so all the three products can be added on the same row (fix the width of add to cart button span.addtocart-button and also the width % for per row products)

Regards

naoko15

Excellent, i'll try it out and get back at you, thank you so much.

bytelord

naoko15

Ok, so i followed your instructions, and the add to cart button and the quantity selector still doesn't look like i need to and can't still be changed without changing the products module layout. This is what it looks like now.

[attachment cleanup by admin]

bytelord

hi,

Please use firebug and fix your CSS as you wish. Also without i live url i have no clue what exactly to change inside your CSS

Try more ...

naoko15

The thing is I've no problem getting the layout to look like I want with firebug. The problem comes when I make the changes in the CSS files, I change both the category layout and the products module, when I want to change the category layout alone. This happens because both layouts share the same coding in add to cart and quantity buttons. I can post a pie URL of the site i use for testing, it is similar:

http://tinyurl.com/cytcqfu

bytelord

bytelord

Hello,

for category view uses the following for your CSS:

.browse-view .addtocart-button {

}

That for example will change only the add to cart button for category view ... you could place hierarchy and other attributes, for example .browse-view .row .addtocart-button ...

Regards

naoko15

err... i don't know how to do that  :-[