News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

A lot of BUGS!!!

Started by servlet, December 04, 2012, 22:56:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

servlet

Why new user is logged in after registranion, but the registration is not confirmed by user and user is logged in VM, but is not logged in Joomla. What is this??????????????/
VM last J 2.5 last
and....... cannot confirm registration by mail!!!
--

There isnt button REGISTER A NEW USER. Why? There is only Forgotten password? Forgotten username?
Why after registration asking for payment and shipping method? The registration is not confirmed? Why asking for shipping and paying when is checked automatic select shipping and payment method?

New option is needed - if you want to add product to cart you must logged in. If you are not logged in when press add to cart you will be redirected to registration form.
and
fix this problem
------------
In registration form
There is field NAME for Joomla and fields NAME SNAME FNAME for VM
How many times must fill names. In 1.1.x NAME SNAME FNAME generate NAME for Jommla
-----------------
Standart payment
Payment Description & Payment Info - why they are in product table with prices in confirmation mail?
The same things are with SHIPMENT!!!
What is this price table with payment and shippment instructions?
----
what is this, a joke?
this is not a stable version. this is not for real shop!!!
After 1 year I decide to test new version and I lost my time
Он-лайн магазин за фототапети http://mishelfoster.com

MADmarion

I do not have exactly the same bugs as you have, but I'm also really disappointed about VM 2.

I loved VM 1 and did never expect the new version is a step backward. I set up a complete new shop with VM 2 and just spending my time with debugging now.
I also find many threads here that are not answered. For example the really heavy bug that the age verification field does not work. No one of the team seems to care about it.
Honestly, I would like to pay for support, but there is no option as far as I know. I think I will change to an other shop solution for the next project.C

maxxer

sadly quote, VM2 is not one but MANY steps backwards. We reached .14 patch version but every time there's something not working, and it's many months out now!
I also raised an issue with taxable value in case of overridden price, which is a dramatic bug for users invoicing, didn't get any attention.
Really sad about this.

lysov

servlet

This is not component for a live site. Who has a live site with VM 2.0?
Please, do something about VM.
Fix this BSPAM. They are basic.
Он-лайн магазин за фототапети http://mishelfoster.com

Milbo

Quote from: servlet on December 04, 2012, 22:56:51 PM
Why new user is logged in after registranion, but the registration is not confirmed by user and user is logged in VM, but is not logged in Joomla. What is this??????????????/
VM last J 2.5 last
and....... cannot confirm registration by mail!!!

Please read the sticky of this board http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=99755.0 . The problem is in the server config. With the correct settings you dont have any problem.

There isnt button REGISTER A NEW USER. Why? There is only Forgotten password? Forgotten username?
I am not really sure what you mean. Vm2 dont need an own login module and therefore you refer to a joomla module.

Why after registration asking for payment and shipping method? The registration is not confirmed? Why asking for shipping and paying when is checked automatic select shipping and payment method?
I also dont understand what you mean with this?
When you are in a cart as anonymous and you decide during the checkout process to register, of course you are asked later for shipment and payment.

New option is needed - if you want to add product to cart you must logged in. If you are not logged in when press add to cart you will be redirected to registration form.
100s of options like this are added in vm2. We cannot add any idea. I read about this the first time. But you can set the option that only registered users are allowed to checkout. From marketing point it is better the people add their products into the cart and asked in the checkout process. Why I should bother them directly? Often people want to first know how much it costs. With your method you will lose sales.

There is field NAME for Joomla and fields NAME SNAME FNAME for VM
How many times must fill names. In 1.1.x NAME SNAME FNAME generate NAME for Jommla
security rule. Your login name is half of the password. Autogenerated names are not considered as secure any longer. I think you maybe also miss completly the fact that you can let people checkout without any registration, then they dont have to enter this fields. You can also just let your users decide. Ah yes, vm2 supports order tracking for non registered users.

Standart payment
Payment Description & Payment Info - why they are in product table with prices in confirmation mail?
Because the most users want it that way, as far as we know. It is completly new for me that someone dont want to show the name of the selected shipment/payment. It is also just a suggestion. You can use the layout overrides for all mails and invoices and adjust it quite easily to your taste. Because that is a matter of taste and a matter how you organize your store.

Quote from: MADmarion on December 05, 2012, 21:31:47 PM
For example the really heavy bug that the age verification field does not work.
We know that the age verification does not work. But we considered it not as important compared to other problems. It is within the feature "configurable shopperfield", which has more than 10 different types of fields  and you complain that one field is not working? If it would be so important, why is no one spending the time to fix it and to send us the patch? We integrated a lot patches, small fixes and small enhancements of the community. Seems no one is willing to pay that someone is solving this problem. I think it is a 100 euro problem. For multiprices we crowd funded around 500 euro. not a lot compared to the 4000 euro development cost, but it shows that it is important for people, so we do it.

Quote from: maxxer on December 08, 2012, 10:13:51 AM
We reached .14 patch version but every time there's something not working, and it's many months out now!
Vm1.0.15 would be in our method to count it, version .30. We also constantly add new features to vm2.0, like massreferencing of products to categories/shoppergroups. The releases are not only bugfixes. A lot features were added since the vm2.0.0.

Quote from: maxxer on December 08, 2012, 10:13:51 AM
I also raised an issue with taxable value in case of overridden price, which is a dramatic bug for users invoicing, didn't get any attention.
Really sad about this.
I am sorry to say, but most time if a thread dont get attention then it is either not understandable, or so easy that people think RTFM. Here some really good hints how to write a thread http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=104795.0
and if you dont get attention, people use a short pn. ah yes and the tax bug, even I did not took a look on your post (cause you did not post it) I am quite sure that you did not configure it correctly. You must use the vattax. Use the generic tax for the products (just dont touch it). In some complex combinations (cart rules combined with vat tax per product) you need the latest version http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=110743.0

Quote from: servlet on December 14, 2012, 16:30:21 PM
This is not component for a live site. Who has a live site with VM 2.0?
I know about more than 5000 stores, counted. Some stats say eve  50k running with vm2 already. For example airport London heathrow. I support also a store with more than 110 k products. Then I support a lot stores with around 8k products. Vm2 is very easy with a bit knowledge and often we solved things just different than vm1. I just talked today with a customer who said that vm1 was unusable and that he used other solutions, but he is impressed by vm2 and its advantages. He bought a good book to understand it. Vm2 is a lot more mighty than vm1.1 and faster. but more mighty is also a bit more complex and not so easy to handle. In the moment you know vm2, you are faster than in vm1 and you will consider it easier. But of course all new things have a learning curve.

Please, do something about VM.
I am sorry to say that, but if you say that, then you should understand that this is a project. Aks yourself what you did for vm so far.

Fix this BSPAM. They are basic.
Which bugs? Use the newest version http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=110743.0

btw our shop http://extensions.virtuemart.net/ I could now post also 100s of other shops. Books, Clothes, toys, music, art, I saw all of this already.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member