News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

[ SOLVED ] Problems with 2.0.14

Started by arikitraun, December 04, 2012, 13:34:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arikitraun

Hello,
I'm starting with virtuemart testing in local.
I've installed the latest version (2.0.14) in my 2.5.8 Joomla and PHP 5.4.4.
I have found these problems:
- Backend: Some tabs appears in blank with "undefined" title and other titles are not in the right place.
- Frontend: If I add an item menu for a subcategory then the page for this subcategory appears in blank.

Thank you in advance & congratularions for your product.

jenkinhill

Clear Joomla & Browser cache.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

arikitraun

Thank you,
I have already clean Joomla and browser cache several times but it doesn't work  :(
The backend wrong tabs are shown from the begining of the installation.
The subcategories page re-appears when the item menu associated is unpublished
(The main categories page is the only one that works with an item menu associated)

jenkinhill

Looks like you should make a fresh installation. And maybe test with a PHP 5.3.x version?
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

arikitraun

Thank you,
I've made a fresh installation, but the problems remains.

I don't know if the PHP will be the problem. I've tried in another machine with PHP 5.2.17 and it is the same problem. (I know, it is not 5.3.x but I can't try it now)

I've solve the menu item issue making it manually (Choosing in the Menu Item Type "External URL"). For your interest, a new menu item is necesary to make it works (changing the Menu Item Type from "VirtueMart Categories Layout" to "External URL" is not enough).

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

arikitraun

Yes it is like this but the tabs don't fix after refresh or adding new products.

This must be from my instalation.
I didn't install virtuemart into a completely empty joomla instalation (I thought it was fresh enough  :) )
After that I've install a brand new joomla and the BE problem dissapear

I'm going to keep on searching because I don't want to build my joomla site again, so I will let you know if I find the problem.
Thank you very very much!

arikitraun

I found the problem, and I can believe it.
It was my html editor, I use rokpad version 1.6 instead of the default editor. I have disable it from plugin manager (and install new version rokpad 2.1) and that's all!

Thank you for your support, It was really specific but I hope this could help anybody if  something similar happens.