News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Products in module = products in category

Started by naoko15, November 30, 2012, 09:29:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

naoko15

Hello, how can i make the layout of the products in category look exactly the same as one from the products in the virtuemart module? It shouldn't be too difficult?  I've already managed to remove the product details button and add the add to cart button + quantity box. I'm using Joomla 2.5 and VM 2.0.12f

Thanks!

naoko15

Any ideas? help please, i've spent ages trying to figure this out with no luck

jenkinhill

Do you really mean a VirtueMart module - ie such as VM - Featured products (the VirtueMart Products module)  or do you mean the VM component product details display?

http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=79799
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

naoko15

jenkinhill

Well you ask an open ended question. How does anyone know what your modules already look like without seeing your site?

But all you have to do is edit & style the category/tmpl/default.php to suit your requirements  - product output is marked as  // Show Products

Make sure you use the edited template as an override.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

naoko15

You're right, the thing is i don't know how to edit those files to make the layouts look alike, i've spent hours trying. These are a couple of links to a test site almost identical to the one i'm working on.

Thanks for your reply! very much appreciated