What, exactly, does "Parent Orderable" do in custom field Generic Child Variant?

Started by risingfire, November 27, 2012, 22:28:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

risingfire

Using VirtueMart 2.0.14.  I have a parent and several child products and the ordering of the children in the add-to-cart/product details page are... confusing.  What, exactly, does the option "Parent Orderable" in the Generic Child Variant custom field do?

K&K media production

It says your customers can order the parent product. Without this checkbox only the child products are orderable. In this case the cutomer must choose in frontend one of the child products from dropdown list to order the product.

risingfire

Quote from: kkmediaproduction on November 27, 2012, 23:57:12 PM
It says your customers can order the parent product. Without this checkbox only the child products are orderable. In this case the cutomer must choose in frontend one of the child products from dropdown list to order the product.

*Thank you* -- I kept thinking of that option in terms of the parent somehow overriding the order of the children in the drop-down selection list in the frontend!  Okay; now it makes total sense.  Much appreciated explanation!

afterglow80

2.0.16 I can still add parent to cart when "parent orderable" is unchecked...why?

Milbo

I am sorry, I cannot reproduce. Is your parent also as option selectable, or not?
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member