News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Product Language table

Started by asta, November 26, 2012, 16:16:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

asta

There seems to be an issue with the Products Language table in Virtuemart 2.0.14.

phpmyadmin is reporting that some fields should be changed to TEXT or BLOBs. When I look at the structure it says varchar(2000) and varchar(18400) which I think is incorrect?

Also would char(180) be better as a varchar?

One last thing, would en_gb not be better as part of the table as a reference rather than potentially having multiple tables?

asta

vmError: alterTable CHANGE jos_virtuemart_products_en_gb.customtitle : Row size too large. The maximum row size for the used table type, not counting BLOBs, is 65535. You have to change some columns to TEXT or BLOBs SQL=ALTER TABLE `jos_virtuemart_products_en_gb` CHANGE COLUMN `metakey` `metakey` VARCHAR(400) NOT NULL DEFAULT ''

Getting this error in the Admin when trying to change a Checkout admin option (turn off modal box when adding product to cart). Virtuemart is actually changing the structure of the TABLE so if I change it manually it just reverts and then creates an error. This seems like a very bizzarre thing to do (to change the structure of a table like this).