News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Show different prices by country

Started by lolaflores, November 22, 2012, 11:48:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lolaflores

I have a fashion website to sell garments on-line, developed with Joomla 2.5.8 and VM 2.0.14. I want to implement the following functionality:

1. - I need to set different prices for each country in which I have store. So for a particular article, I will have such a different price for Spain to France.

2. - I want to manage an unique inventory articles in VM.

3.- I need to show prices per country for annonymous users (not logged users).

Is there any way to do with VM or some additional extension?. Any idea?

Thanks in advance

chetanmadaan

I am not sure if this will help... but, if you want to show the prices to annonymous users and not logged in users... who are you panning on detecting their country??

kratzi

Hi,

as far as I know there are solutions for this however you will not find anything cheap.

There are solutions that read the browser language or IP to detect the country where visitors are from.

The key-word for that is "dynamic pricing" however as I said I don't think you will find a solution without certain costs.

lolaflores

My intention is to make a previous screen with a country-selector. First of all, an annonymous user need to select the country, and after that I´ll show the prices-scheme for this country. If you want you can see a similar solution in the shop of www.zara.com.

Any idea? :P

Quote from: chetanmadaan on November 22, 2012, 19:27:57 PM
I am not sure if this will help... but, if you want to show the prices to annonymous users and not logged in users... who are you panning on detecting their country??

lolaflores

Hi,

My problem is not an IP detection issue. My main problem is that I wanto to show prices per country for annonymous users (not logged users). It´s the first step of the process. If you want you can see a similar solution in the shop of www.zara.com.

Any idea? :P

Quote from: kratzi on November 22, 2012, 19:41:19 PM
Hi,

as far as I know there are solutions for this however you will not find anything cheap.

There are solutions that read the browser language or IP to detect the country where visitors are from.

The key-word for that is "dynamic pricing" however as I said I don't think you will find a solution without certain costs.

jenkinhill

So you will need to change language & currency, too? There is a thread on this - http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=106192.0
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

lolaflores

No. It is not an issue of change currency per language.

The main issue is that  I need to show prices per country for annonymous users (not logged users).

Quote from: jenkinhill on November 23, 2012, 23:29:39 PM
So you will need to change language & currency, too? There is a thread on this - http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=106192.0

jenkinhill

OK, I guess you will have to build this around shopper groups. Find some way of linking the country selector to add the shopper to a country specific group rather than the anonymous group used for all those not logged in. Quite a bit of programming to do that I guess. 

Good luck with that.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum