News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

need to add additional product images

Started by tdoes, January 06, 2013, 18:07:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tdoes

Where can I find information on adding additional images of a product?   Was easy to find and do in VM1.5!

Thanks

tdoes

Anyone have success doing this in VM 2.5?

bytelord

Hello,

I think you mean 2.0.16 or something ... there is no vm 2.5 .... next time please take some time to read your vm2/joomla versions ...

To your issue: From the backend edit a product and go to Product Images, at the bottom select upload and each time upload one more image ... simple

Regards
Production: Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.14 | PHP 5.3.13
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.16 | PHP 5.3.8
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 |    VM 2.1   | PHP 5.3.8

- Don't Forget to mark thread as solved when it is solved!
- Please do not PM with support questions, use the forum!

tdoes

Hi bytelord,

Thanks for your response!  Your'e right about the misquote on my VM version!  FYI:  The VM 2.0 wiki info. (didn't locate a manual) didn't explain this solution as straight forward as you have!  I'll give it a go!

Thanks

bytelord

Hello,

Yes, the new docs.virtuemart.net is been designed. Upload as many images you want using the "upload" and then browse ... :)

Regards
Production: Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.14 | PHP 5.3.13
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.16 | PHP 5.3.8
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 |    VM 2.1   | PHP 5.3.8

- Don't Forget to mark thread as solved when it is solved!
- Please do not PM with support questions, use the forum!

foo-wing.li

Quote from: bytelord on January 07, 2013, 11:18:24 AM
Hello,

I think you mean 2.0.16 or something ... there is no vm 2.5 .... next time please take some time to read your vm2/joomla versions ...

To your issue: From the backend edit a product and go to Product Images, at the bottom select upload and each time upload one more image ... simple

Regards

Yeah but after you choose the file to upload you need to press the SAVE button at the top right next to SAVE &CLOSE. Only once you have pressed the saved button will the image actually be added to the product. Then choose another image to upload and press save again. You can even reposition the images to chnage their order just click and drag.

Hope this helps you all. I have even managed to use the Image Upload option to add PDF and SWF files.

Regards

Foo