News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Inactive Products

Started by antonio.melis, November 17, 2012, 13:00:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

antonio.melis

I have 6000 products inactive ..... how can I activate them?

John2400

I think you need to explain more ?

Are they unpublished, not in a category or do Not work?

antonio.melis

In the control panel you can see a variety of information, one is: Inactive products, which is different from unpublished.
I do not see categories and I can not work

JOOMLA 2.5.8 - VM 2.0.14

John2400

At the bottom of the post there is an attachment area - post the image attachment there - if I can't help I'm sure other will see the issue.

jenkinhill

Inactive products in my 2.0.14 test installation equate to those which are not published. When published they change from inactive to active on the statistics panel.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

antonio.melis

If within the menu item "Products", there are no products!
I see the 6000 products only in the statistics table ..... but only the number 6000 :( :( :(

Quote from: jenkinhill on November 18, 2012, 16:55:20 PM
Inactive products in my 2.0.14 test installation equate to those which are not published. When published they change from inactive to active on the statistics panel.

antonio.melis

Quote from: John2400 on November 17, 2012, 23:51:02 PM
At the bottom of the post there is an attachment area - post the image attachment there - if I can't help I'm sure other will see the issue.

[attachment cleanup by admin]

antonio.melis

Please someone can help me??  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

John2400

antonio.melis,
I am wondering if you have followed this sequence correctly :  http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=96941.0

You might need to make a test shop and see what the Joomla. 2.5.8 and VM2 2.0.14 looks like with a clean install first.

Ok I can see lots of people looking at your post - I cannot replicate your image but to me it appears as though you have had an old VM1 shop maybe and you have moved over your products and the fields ( these fields looking very similar to VM1) - I can see do not match the fields in VM2. Thus your

I am not an expert in any manner.

In regards to your products - To be polite you will need an answer from those more skilled than I.

But your image will assist others in pointing out your problem. -

bytelord

Hello,

This is because you haven't published your products ... but because is difficult to do it one by one you could easily use phpmyadmin and run a simple query to enable all that products

UPDATE 'xxxx_virtuemart_products' SET published = 1 WHERE published = 0

xxxx_ is your joomla database prefix

This will set all your products to published.

Regards
Production: Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.14 | PHP 5.3.13
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.16 | PHP 5.3.8
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 |    VM 2.1   | PHP 5.3.8

- Don't Forget to mark thread as solved when it is solved!
- Please do not PM with support questions, use the forum!