VM2 Add to cart not working - server configuration issue

Started by Zian, November 12, 2012, 22:20:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zian

Hi,

I am at a bit of a loss here, as the dreaded add to cart turned up on my site. I have tracked the problem to be on the server side as the cart is not functioning on a completly new install with beez5 template, so there's no jQuery conflict no nothing... I would kindly ask if anybody can give me some specific server configuration parameters, as I am completly out of ideas what could be going wrong.

You can check out the demo website on http://demo.ziandesigns.com

This is the info on the server config:

Apache 2.2.23   
DirectAdmin 1.42.0    
Exim 4.80.1   
MySQL 5.5.28   
Named 9.3.6   
ProFTPd 1.3.4b    
sshd    
dovecot 2.1.10
Php 5.2.17

If you need anymore info just say and I'll provide it.

Thanks ;)

PRO

what is it doing?

have you tried creating a product? and it does not work?

Zian

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply. I can create new products, categories etc. actually I've just created a new product "test foam". So it appears the complete VM process works up until the point when I try to add a product into the cart. You can click on the "add to cart" icon all you want but nothing will happen. If I make an exact copy of the website and transfer it to another server than everything works :(

jenkinhill

Php 5.2.17 is probably too old for Joomla 2.5 - should be preferably 5.3.x (for VM2 as well) -  http://www.joomla.org/technical-requirements.html
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Zian

Will notify my hosting company but in the meantime, do you have any more suggestions? I've checked with the other hosting provider I use (the one that VM2 works with) and they also use php 5.2.17 :-\

Thanks,

Zian

Reggaeshop

Hi, I am going to move my esghop to VM 2 / Joomla 2.5 in the beginning of next year. My hosting is also on PHP 5.2.17, but I think there is no problem in moving to 5.3.
My question is, however, if I will move to PHP 5.3, will my current J 1.5.26/VM 1.1.9 site still work OK until the new VM2 shop is really up and running?

Thanks,
Peter

jenkinhill

The old site should work OK although if there are old hacks they may cause issues - test it on a localhost setup with the same PHP version as your host uses. You probably will need to turn off PHP error reporting, though. Until recently I had a J1.5/VM1.1.9 running OK on PHP 5.3.10
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Reggaeshop

Thanks for your quick reply. Will do as you advised, try it first at my local host.

Milbo

Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member