News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Price choosed by customer

Started by jmaracil, November 12, 2012, 11:44:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmaracil

Hi:

There is anyway that the customer write the price when buying the product ??

Thanks in advanced

bytelord

Hello,

What exactly you want to do?

Regards
Production: Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.14 | PHP 5.3.13
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.16 | PHP 5.3.8
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 |    VM 2.1   | PHP 5.3.8

- Don't Forget to mark thread as solved when it is solved!
- Please do not PM with support questions, use the forum!

jmaracil

Hi:

I want that when the customer buys a product the system let him write the amount that we wants to pay.

Regards

Quote from: bytelord on November 12, 2012, 11:58:21 AM
Hello,

What exactly you want to do?

Regards

bytelord

Hello,

I think you need to develop a custom plugin for that. When customer checkouts. But how the payment will took place and how you will be able to monitor that?
You could create a custom input field for that so your customer will be able to enter an amount ...
but still cannot understand what you want to accomplish with that.

Regards

jmaracil

Hi:

It's for a restaurant  booking, then the customer phone to the restaurant and say I want for eat (what he wants), then we say to the customer the price and the customer goes to the web, select the product and input the price we have said.

This is what I want to get.

Also I thought in hack the code to get that the product price was a input value with the default value of the original product price.

Do you know how can I do for change the product price field into a input value ??

Thanks

Quote from: bytelord on November 12, 2012, 12:58:38 PM
Hello,

I think you need to develop a custom plugin for that. When customer checkouts. But how the payment will took place and how you will be able to monitor that?
You could create a custom input field for that so your customer will be able to enter an amount ...
but still cannot understand what you want to accomplish with that.

Regards

bytelord

Hello,

But how he could select the product?? If he gives a whole order?? I think this is not sound realistic ... you could just create a payment form and don't use a cart system ....
If the customer call's for his order then simply he could charge his CC over the phone ... phone sales ...

jmaracil

Hi:

We create a product without price named "Generic Booking", then with the price we give to the customer, the customer selects this product and put the given amount and then pay 50% of the real amount.

We can't charge CC over the phone in  our country, etc.

So we need to do it lki this.

So how we can change the price field of the product so to be a input value ?? do you know it ??

Thanks in advanced

Quote from: bytelord on November 12, 2012, 13:22:02 PM
Hello,

But how he could select the product?? If he gives a whole order?? I think this is not sound realistic ... you could just create a payment form and don't use a cart system ....
If the customer call's for his order then simply he could charge his CC over the phone ... phone sales ...

bytelord

Hello,

I think what you need is just a payment form that already your bank have gives you as example (html, php, something) ... you could have an extra link pay your order with order number and amount. If you like to integrate it with vm you should create a custom payment plugin for that. But VM have inventory and almost things based on price are calculated on the backend.

jmaracil

Ok, anyway.

There is anyway to modify the field ofthe price into a input value ??

Thanks

Quote from: bytelord on November 12, 2012, 15:44:45 PM
Hello,

I think what you need is just a payment form that already your bank have gives you as example (html, php, something) ... you could have an extra link pay your order with order number and amount. If you like to integrate it with vm you should create a custom payment plugin for that. But VM have inventory and almost things based on price are calculated on the backend.

bytelord

Hi,

As i say i think needs a custom plugin development for that ... If you are familiar with php/joomla dev then you can accomplish it.
May be someone else in the forum can help you better on that.

http://dev.virtuemart.net/projects/virtuemart/wiki/Developing_a_module_or_plugin_for_VirtueMart_2
http://dev.virtuemart.net/projects/virtuemart/wiki/Plugin_system

Regards

PolishedGeek

Hello - We can help you with this.

We have a plugin called Breezing Forms Custom Fields that can be modified to handle these kind of "price overrides" for you.   In Breezing Forms, which is an advanced form design component, you can turn the customer-input value into the new price and pass that back to VM2. The only caveat is that you can't have product price = 0 to begin, you must have a product price set. But I'm sure you have a minimum order you want to accept anyway, so that's what the product would be set to, and then the customer could override the price from there.

To make this work, you'll need:
- Crosstec BreezingForms ($99)
- Breezing Forms Custom Fields for VirtueMart ($59)
- Custom development to modify BFCF & develop the form (contact me privately and send me your email address for $ quote)

You might be able to get someone to hack VM2 for you less expensively than this approach, or you could do it yourself as bytelord suggests. However, doing it with our custom form integration has NO hack, so you can still upgrade VM2 after it goes in.
~ Deb Cinkus, CEO
Polished Geek, LLC   |    www.PolishedGeek.com

Creators of JoomLister - eBay Lister for Joomla!

PRO

Quote from: jmaracil on November 12, 2012, 15:32:45 PM
Hi:

We create a product without price named "Generic Booking", then with the price we give to the customer, the customer selects this product and put the given amount and then pay 50% of the real amount.

We can't charge CC over the phone in  our country, etc.

So we need to do it lki this.

So how we can change the price field of the product so to be a input value ?? do you know it ??

Thanks in advanced

Quote from: bytelord on November 12, 2012, 13:22:02 PM
Hello,

If you can code

download my plugin here
http://www.kaizenmediaworks.com/virtuemart-2-0-custom-field-dropbox-plugin

THEN:

Modify this function
function plgVmOnDisplayProductVariantFE

to be an input field.
Jrequest to grab the integer

Then throw it into this function

public function plgVmCalculateCustomVariant

^^ ofrcourse you will have to modify the function

To make this
$productCustomsPrice->custom_price

= the integer value of the Input

THEN:

Modify this function
function plgVmOnViewCart

To display in the cart as you want it

and of course, you will need to cleanup the backend product display a little
function plgVmOnProductEdit

PRO

Becca800

I have the same need.  I am working on a "pay your bill" section for my company's board.  I know Joomla well enough and Virtuemart, but trying to configure or manipulate the actual code of a plugin would be too difficult.

All we need is for one product (the "pay your bill" product) to be enabled so that the user enters his/her bill amount and I have NO clue how to do this!  I have been trying to figure this out for the better part of two weeks.  I am so frustrated, and it seems like it should be such a simple thing!

PolishedGeek

Unfortunately, there's not really a "Name Your Own Price" kind of feature in VM (or most other open source shopping carts).  You are going to need to handle this with either custom code on your own or hire someone to do it.  But is it achievable.

My company could certainly do this for you, if you are interested...
~ Deb Cinkus, CEO
Polished Geek, LLC   |    www.PolishedGeek.com

Creators of JoomLister - eBay Lister for Joomla!