News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Excess of stars to review

Started by MarinaDoc, November 09, 2012, 19:00:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarinaDoc

Hi!

I´ve a problem with the stars at the time of a product review. Since I get an excess of stars when I try to click to put a rating.

Using Joomla! 2.5.7 and VM 2.0.12f

Thanks in advance!

Regards, Marina

[attachment cleanup by admin]
Joomla! 2.5.7
VM 2.0.16

bytelord

Hello,

You are using a third-party commercial template and probably the issue is that template. Please ask your template provider about that. http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=108212.0

You issue i think is related to CSS styling, so you could use Firebug to examine your code & css styling: http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=102850.0

Regards

Production: Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.14 | PHP 5.3.13
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.16 | PHP 5.3.8
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 |    VM 2.1   | PHP 5.3.8

- Don't Forget to mark thread as solved when it is solved!
- Please do not PM with support questions, use the forum!

MarinaDoc

Ok! I'll do it! thank you very much!
Joomla! 2.5.7
VM 2.0.16

MarinaDoc

Hi!

Well, this was the response I received from the creators of the template. The truth is that I think it's more a Java problem, that of. Css, but ...  ::)

QuoteI though the VM developers have solved this problem in VM2.0.12.
Apparently they didn't.

No it is not a CSS problem, but it is a JAVA problem, and happens when you mouse hovered the stars.

And weirdly, this doesn't happen always. It happens sometimes, but it doesn't happen mostly. It is just random behavior. Doesn't it the same in your website? If something has a random behavior, it must be a JAVA. CSS issues are usually "constant", if there is an error, it will create the same error always.

As far as i know; This happens in original Virtuemart as well. This means this is a bug in original Virtuemart.
Probably the moderator who responded you saw the "screenshot" which looks different than original Virtuemart layout, so he/she blamed us. This makes sense though, i would do the same thing :)
Joomla! 2.5.7
VM 2.0.16

bytelord

Hello,

But it works for me ... for vm default template and for 3 other custom sites i also tested with 2012f installed and 2010. To be happened by "luck" is not an answer i suppose. You mean javascript by saying JAVA and there is a possibility to be an conflict over there. Please provide a live url to check it also.

Please try it without template overrides and examine you code with firebug with the link a gave you on my last post.

I think related to CSS and div/span, but in any case provide a live url.

Regards

[attachment cleanup by admin]

jenkinhill

I still find it disturbing when some "developers" apparently do not know the difference between Java and JavaScript
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

MarinaDoc

Yeah, I guess ... maybe some do to shorten the word ... although this may be misleading. I don´t know. To me, right now, is being more "disturbing" finding that failure.  ;)
Joomla! 2.5.7
VM 2.0.16

bytelord

Yes,

But to help you out easily you could provide a live url. How is possible to check it after all?

MarinaDoc

Oh, sorry ... I thought I´d said I was still working on localhost (I've had to make in another post ... sorry). I´ve thought up the site soon as I pass the address ... Perhaps in a live server I don´t have that problem.

Thanks for everything!
Joomla! 2.5.7
VM 2.0.16

bytelord

MarinaDoc

Hello again:

I´ve already uploaded on the web server. I upgraded to version 2.0.16 of VM and I still have the same problem of the stars. Is there any way I can pass the link to the web and access?. Although I have on the server, I have not yet "open".

Thanks in advance.

Regards, Marina.
Joomla! 2.5.7
VM 2.0.16

MarinaDoc

Joomla! 2.5.7
VM 2.0.16

MarinaDoc

Quote from: bytelord on November 11, 2012, 23:31:04 PM
ok then. Waiting

Regards

I go up the post in case any moderator sees it and can help me ...
Joomla! 2.5.7
VM 2.0.16

bytelord

Hello Marina,

I cannot reproduce it. Please send me a live url.
At the momment i am not back in my work place but i develop a new ajax solution for the rating but have to discuss it with the dev team first (using rating with ajax and may be seperated from "review") .

Regards

MarinaDoc

Can I provide you address and password by PM?. At the moment I´ve no web "open".

Thanks in advance.
Joomla! 2.5.7
VM 2.0.16