News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

confirmation order page vm2

Started by markqtty, November 09, 2012, 17:17:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

markqtty

Hi guys, thank you for you good work with this shop!

I'm playing with a VM2 (latest version available update right now, on a multix enviroment) or a project that i need to complete for the end of this year.
But I have a problem concerning the confirmation page order.
I mean, this is the content of the confirmation page:

""""""
Thank you for your order!
Payment method    testtest
add a message to display with the order
Order Number    cff803
Amount    82,00 €
"""""""

uh? WOW, i love minimal, but I need to write all the code in order to provide details of the order to the customer? Is that correct?

Second question: i know (after that i have read several post on the forum, some of them was almost flame...) that at this time in virtuemart support administrated multivendor mode. But the is just one things that i cannot understand...the vendor can manage different prices for the same products?
I'm going mad on this....

Third and last: i can't find the the order history area for the customer...mmmh is it lost, or somewhere there is something like that?

Thank you!
peace&love

markqtty

ah, in case is not clear enought my version are:

jm 2.5.8
vm 2.0.12f

update from automatic update!

peace

markqtty

...ehm...silence is a confirmation???
:( :(

bytelord

Hello,

The confirmation e-mail that is automatically send is no cover you? Also with the mail comes and one link, so the customer is able to view his order (complete analysis).
To show now a link for your customers easy you could create a joomla menu item that point to order list .... so a registered client will be able to see a list of all order have been made by him and also analysis for each order... did you test it?

Regards
Production: Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.14 | PHP 5.3.13
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.16 | PHP 5.3.8
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 |    VM 2.1   | PHP 5.3.8

- Don't Forget to mark thread as solved when it is solved!
- Please do not PM with support questions, use the forum!

markqtty

Well, can be barely good that the report of the order will be sended only throught via email.
But there is no a "private area" on this version of virtuemart on where the customer can make the login, modify his personal data
and see the history of the order maded (eg. the only way to do that is create a link to a order list menu?)?

thank's

markqtty

Nevermind my previous post, i think that now i'm understanding the logic beyond vm2..thank you to put me on the right direction.
The only things not clear right now is:

"""""""
Second question: i know (after that i have read several post on the forum, some of them was almost flame...) that at this time in virtuemart support administrated multivendor mode. But the is just one things that i cannot understand...the vendor can manage different prices for the same products?
I'm going mad on this....
"""""""

:)

bytelord

Hello,

I think you haven't test vm at all ... VM has a great customer area as i told before and order history analysis. What you need to do is to create joomla menu items that points to
1. Account Maintenance
2. User Edit Address
3. List Orders .

etc, etc ...

You have to create those links under joomla menu ... have you experience on joomla?

Take a look at the screenshot

Regards

[attachment cleanup by admin]

bytelord

Hello,

Multi-prices will be included in version 2.1/2.2 ... just before Christmas ...

Regards

markqtty

Quote from: bytelord on November 12, 2012, 15:48:50 PM
Hello,

I think you haven't test vm at all ... VM has a great customer area as i told before and order history analysis. What you need to do is to create joomla menu items that points to
1. Account Maintenance
2. User Edit Address
3. List Orders .

etc, etc ...

You have to create those links under joomla menu ... have you experience on joomla?

Take a look at the screenshot

Regards

Yeah, thank you for your time.
As my previous post, my confusion, was because the old vm (previous 2) was little different on manage customer area.
Now I had already found how get customer area properly works (probably we have written the post together).

For the multi-price...nice to hear this, pretty in time for my project timeline :-P

Thank you again, regards

bytelord

Great then,

you are welcome. But if the your timeline is just before Christmas it's a little bit risky to guarantee that multiprices will work as you wish ...