News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Have a couple Questions, Light box, and Cart Page problems

Started by ctagoona, November 05, 2012, 05:30:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ctagoona

Hello All,

I`m running VM 2.0.12f which is the latest version, from what my site is telling me anyways, And i`m running into a couple problems.

I had light box working with my before on the products pages, but not it won`t come up for me and I have no idea what caused this. Here is a link to a product.

http://inuitartcanada.com/index.php/component/virtuemart/sculptures/final-moments-172012-08-15-15-19-48-19-20-21-detail?Itemid=0

And from day 1, when i go to the Cart page, my nav bar gets broken at the top, the Joomla template for the most part was created by me, but the menu Im using is Art Wijmo Menu with a couple modifications`to the css. It works fine on all the other pages but the cart page, it seems to loose all styling.

Here is the cart page http://inuitartcanada.com/index.php/cart

This is my first time using VM so im pretty lost. quite new to Joomla also.

Thanks
C

ctagoona

Ok I figured out the Light box problem, it was a conflict with java script code in the blank template skeleton i used, removed it sense i had no use for it. The only thing i having problems with now is the nav bar on my Cart page, Do you think i would be better off coding a horizontal nav bar on my own instead of using the one i downloaded. I just used it to try and save my self some time with the drop downs that I will be adding.

C

jenkinhill

Nav bar / menu  is a Joomla question, nothing to do with VirtueMart
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

ctagoona

Alright, I just find it odd that the problem only happens when i go to the shopping cart menu item, which is a Virtue Mart generated page.

Thanks

PRO

both problems have to do with your jquery conflicts.

When you hit the cart page, it loads the "countries & states" js code.

You can ONLY load 1 version of jquery at a time

Lightbox is working for me, but the add to cart is not

ctagoona

Thanks,

I'll just get rid of the nav bar, No real point using it, Ill just make a CSS nav instead, only take a couple minutes anyways. I'm not sure what you mean by the Add to cart doesn't work? When i test it items seem to be added to the card fine. Do you mean that there is no notification that something has been added to the cart?

PRO

Quote from: ctagoona on November 06, 2012, 02:01:53 AM
Thanks,

I'll just get rid of the nav bar, No real point using it, Ill just make a CSS nav instead, only take a couple minutes anyways. I'm not sure what you mean by the Add to cart doesn't work? When i test it items seem to be added to the card fine. Do you mean that there is no notification that something has been added to the cart?

yes, maybe thats it

ctagoona

The Nav Bar addon was indeed the problem, removed it at the problems were solved.

Thanks!
C