News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

How do I change the product list limit from 700 to whatever.?

Started by Genius WebDesign, November 01, 2012, 14:13:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Genius WebDesign

Hi,

I have made my own custom product module and I want to list more than 1000 products on the page, but the limit in the system seems to be 700 products on the page.

Does anyone know a way to remove og change this limit?

I read in this post where Milbo mentions that the limit is hard-coded, but where and in which file?
https://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=97074.0

compaid

Here is how I did this. Firstly there is a hard set limit of 700. Reason unknown. Goto virtuemart/ Config, templates and set Show products of the selected category to 700
Then on RH side set all the Pagination sequences to 700 each

Then goto each category and set the field "Initial number of listed items to a large figure. You will find that then displays the products to this number then adds page numbers for the rest. V 3.9.16 VM.

compaid

FOUND A FIX

Here is how I did this. Firstly there is a hard set limit of 700. Reason unknown. Goto virtuemart/ Config, templates and set Show products of the selected category to 700
Then on RH side set all the Pagination sequences to 700 each

Then goto each category and set the field "Initial number of listed items to a large figure. You will find that then displays the products to this number then adds page numbers for the rest. V 3.9.16 VM. I have 7600 products in one category and can now set this to 3000 listed plus page options at header for the rest.

The number entered in the cat field results in a list divided by 700. Just found out. So make it a multiple of 700.