News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

User Registration e-mail sent. How to DISABLE

Started by remeedella, October 30, 2012, 22:21:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

remeedella

Hello,

not sure if I've run into a bug or not. I think this is virtuemart related and not joomla. Either way help would be appreciated in solving this quickly because it is driving my customer nuts on his website.

Basically, i've tried everything I can possibly think of besides hacking the core to disable e-mails being sent out to administrators upon a user signing up. I simply want to disable this feature all together, I've looked in global configs, virtuemart store and configurations and any form of automatic e-mail seems disabled. It goes out to 1 particular e-mail every time a user signs up. I made sure that any super administrator accounts with the said e-mail that receives these automatic replies has "receive system e-mails" set to off. What am I missing?

Can anyone give a description on how this should be disabled or even a way to hack it to disable permanently?

Jeremy

remeedella

another thing that's disabled but to no avail I cannot understand why...
Under user manager, select options, the option to receive e-mails upon sign up is also disabled in there..

Latest joomla, latest virtuemart

remeedella

Okay so my problem is linked to here : http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=104952.0

As I've noted, I'm realising now that the vendor account sends out the user registration emails and the invoice e-mails.

So I need to get rid of user registration e-mails or swap that to a seperate e-mail from the e-mails that are sent to the vendor concerning invoices.

Any help, hacking? Let's do this! This should be core features!

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum