News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Add to cart problem

Started by twilightning, October 30, 2012, 13:36:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twilightning

Hi all,

First I couldn't add anything to my cart with my shop. So I did some research and found out that you have to disable Jquary.
After I did that I could see what was in my cart (48 of the same product). So eventhough the Add to cart button didn't bring me to the next screen, it did let me pick the amount of the product.

So after I disabled Jquery I tried to add another product to the card and got to the card right away, however, nothing was added, So I really hope to get a suggestion how to make this all work...

jenkinhill

Tell us youir Joomla/VirtueMart/PHP versions and provide a live site url so that someone can take a look.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

twilightning

Quote from: jenkinhill on October 30, 2012, 17:25:07 PM
Tell us youir Joomla/VirtueMart/PHP versions and provide a live site url so that someone can take a look.

Joomla 2.5
Virtuemart 2.0.12f
Php

http://citroexpert.nl/ce2012/jupgrade/index.php/citroshop2

jenkinhill

Your Joomla template is loading jQuery 1.4.4
<script type="text/javascript" src="/ce2012/jupgrade/templates/siteground-j16-6/js/jquery-1.4.4.min.js"></script>

You are not loading VM jQuery which would be OK, except that the template js is loading after VirtueMart's other js files. This means that those files cannot run because they depend on jQuery pre-loading. This gives debug errors like this:

SCRIPT5009: 'jQuery' is undefined
vmsite.js, line 12 character 2

and causes cart & other things not to work properly.

VM would normally load the jQuery library version (eg jQuery 1.6.4) before the other VM js files.  So I suggest you turn on VM jQuery and remove the jQ loading code from the head of your Joomla template.
If you don't know how to do that your template is supported on http://forum.siteground.com/forumdisplay.php?49-Free-Joomla-Templates
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum