News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Super User can't add product or image.

Started by coldrake, October 29, 2012, 20:31:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coldrake

Hi!

We have a problem where the client can not add a new product, or add an image to an existing product. He is a super user and a vendor. When he tries to add a new product, he gets the following error

"vmError: You are not an administrator or the correct vendor, storing of product cancelled"

When he ties to add a new image to an existing product he gets the following errors

"vmError: VmTable #__virtuemart_products_en_gb Check not passed. Neither slug nor obligatory value at product_name for auto slug creation is given
vmError: You are not an administrator or the correct vendor, storing of product cancelled"

I am able to do both without a problem. I am also both a Super User and a Vendor. The only difference I can see is that I have a Shopper Number / ID in my Vendor info and he doesn't. I've tried searching the forum and Google with no luck.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Environment

• Virtuemart: 2.0.12f
  • PHP Built On    Linux p3nlh146.shr.prod.phx3.secureserver.net 2.6.18-238.19.1.el5PAE #1 SMP Fri Jul 15 08:15:44 EDT 2011 i686
  • Database Version    5.0.92-log
  • Database Collation    utf8_general_ci
  • PHP Version    5.2.17
  • Web Server    Apache
  • WebServer to PHP Interface    cgi-fcgi
  • Joomla! Version    Joomla! 2.5.7 Stable [ Ember ] 13-September-2012 14:00 GMT
  • Joomla! Platform Version    Joomla Platform 11.4.0 Stable [ Brian Kernighan ] 03-Jan-2012 00:00 GMT

Previous activity
Joomla installation upgraded from 1.5.26 with JUpGrade 2.5.2
VirtueMart is a new install.
Products and images populated with CSV Advanced v. 1.5.4 . No errors with product install.
Only other add-on installed is the module Image Show GK4, v. 1.31
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."
  --  Albert Einstein

jenkinhill

He should have a vendor id in the table. Is multivendor turned on?

Joomla 2.5 needs a minimum of PHP 5.2.4  - http://www.joomla.org/technical-requirements.html
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Tarabas

Hello!

I am getting the same message. Just installed Virtuemart 2 on Joomla 2.5 and tried to add a product with my superuser. He has no Vendor ID in the "shoppers" list and multivendor is turned off.

Any hints on how i can make this user a vendor?

PHP Built On    Linux vivian 2.6.27.7-9-default #1 SMP 2008-12-04 18:10:04 +0100 x86_64
Database Version    5.5.21-log
Database Collation    utf8_general_ci
PHP Version    5.3.10
Web Server    Apache/2.4.1 (Unix) PHP/5.3.10 mod_jk/1.2.33
WebServer to PHP Interface    apache2handler
Joomla! Version    Joomla! 2.5.7 Stable [ Ember ] 13-September-2012 14:00 GMT
Joomla! Platform Version    Joomla Platform 11.4.0 Stable [ Brian Kernighan ] 03-Jan-2012 00:00 GMT

Virtuemart Version 2.0.14

Cheers
Manuel

bytelord

Hello,

You have changed something ... super user should be the vendor with id 1. Please check it and make him vendor, or access with phpmyadmin under vmusers and make that user vendor.

Regards
Production: Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.14 | PHP 5.3.13
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.16 | PHP 5.3.8
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 |    VM 2.1   | PHP 5.3.8

- Don't Forget to mark thread as solved when it is solved!
- Please do not PM with support questions, use the forum!

tkejmullins

Was this problem resolved?  I am having the same problem.

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

tkejmullins

Thank you for the reply.  I followed the instructions in the post but I am still having the problem.  More specifically I am receiving the following message: "

vmError: VmTable #__virtuemart_products_en_gb Check not passed. Neither slug nor obligatory value at product_name for auto slug creation is given
        vmError: You are not an administrator or the correct vendor, storing of product cancelled

I am receiving this error when I add a Child Product under the Custom Fields tab.  After I add the 6th Child Product, it gives me this error.  Also, in the product listing, the parent product shows a total of 6 child products, but the sixth one does not show up on the frontend, or in the Custom Fields tab.

VM 2.0.22a Joomla 2.5.14 PHP 5.2.17

Any additional help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Limonbay

I have exactly the same problem. The error shows up when I add the 4th child product, then randomly, it could be the 5th again or the 7th. But always begins with the 4th.

Multivendor is off. I've tried with the tutorial and making Vendor ID 1. No success. It's very annoying.

I'm using VM 2.0.24c
Piercings y complementos
http://www.limonbay.com
Joomla 2.5.14
Virtuemart 2.0.24

treodude

I recently encountered the same problem, but only wiht one specific product.
A colleague of mine had the same but with a different product.
After the encounter I tried some test products, all worked well.

So in short, I am, for jsut one random product, "not an administrator or the correct vendor, storing of product cancelled"

*Update*

It seems to be dependent on the product name.

We have "Koni Sport Rear", which gives me the error, as well as "Koni Street Rear"

However, when using something else, names used before and not used before, the error remains absent

Sidenote: I am set as Vendor, Admin, Super User, also in phpmyadmin

*Update 2.0*

Also, I tried http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=99353.0

Atm, there is only one vendor account, which is not me, however I am atm Admin and Super User

Virtuemart 2.0.22c  (Maybe updating to 2.0.26 helps?)

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

treodude

Originally it was turned off, and I tried it several times with Multi Vendor on, but ATM it is off.
Another strange note, for some reason I can now enter the product it previously rejected?¿

Well, I tried inputting another "Koni Sport Rear", but this time it failed me again.
However, when leaving the last r out, it worked, and going back and adding the last r again, worked as well!

*Update*
After using this technique several times, it stopped working and gave me the same error.
Leaving the last two letters out now does work though.

*Update 2*
This problem starts occuring with other repeated product titles, e.g. "Koni Sport Front".
I can apply the same technique, bu I think I will have run out of letters to leave out somewhere halfway...

jenkinhill

Sounds like it is a problem with the Product Alias  - each of these should be unique for SEO (and url) purposes. Try entering these yourself, eg Koni Sport Front could be koni-sp-fr-1 or koni-sp-fr-1 and so on.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

treodude

I tried it and it worked!
However, I never encountered this problem, and as said before, it is not always appearing.
And how vital is this system that requires different alii?

jenkinhill

The alias is the unique category or product identifier used in certain SEF urls or by a search engine to link to a specific item.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

treodude

So, if left out, search engines could confuse certain itmes with each other?
Meaning; it is best to leave it on?