News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

How to add a bonus point system for products ordered ?

Started by toonetcreation, October 29, 2012, 15:51:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

toonetcreation

Hello team,

I'm using Joomla 2.5.7 + Virtuemart 2.0.12 stable and one of my customers needs a specific feature.
It's a bonus points system when a user buy a product on his website.

Below are the details of what he needs:

-> every product has X bonus points and I need to display on the front-end (e.g: on product details page) how many bonus points are allowed for each product.

-> in the cart, the number of bonus points per product added must be displayed. this number of bonus points per product must be multiplied by the product quantity ordered. e.g: product 1 = 10 points, if I order 10 products, the result is 100 points won because we do 10 x 10.

-> in the cart, the sum of bonus points for all the products ordered must be displayed too.

-> in the cart, shipping tax have a fixed value of bonus points. e.g: shipping tax = 10€ = 10 points.

-> in the cart, I need to display a last sum which is the following:

SUM of all bonus points for all the products ordered + the number of bonus points for shipping tax = FINAL NUMBER OF BONUS POINTS

-> bonus points per product must be also displayed on emails sent to the customer/vendor.

With these bonus points, every customer will be able to win some gifts in a list.

If someone has some ideas it could be very helpful because it's not a "standard" need  :-\

Many thanks again for your advice.

Laurent