News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

HSBC CPI Integration

Started by jon.hathaway, July 22, 2005, 19:28:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jame

hi
can anyone tell me how to integrate HSBC CPI  integration into ofbiz project.

badvoc

Hi,

I am trying to get HSBC integrated and not having much luck. Is there an idiots guide somewhere? I have searched quite a few sites and this one is the only one where claims are being made to have sorted it but no one is posting how.

The server I am working with is a dedicated one running Fedora OS. I have the files from hsbc.

CCOrderHas.e, CCResults.e and ss.txt are in the cgi-bim folder.

libCcCpiTools.so is located in the usr/lib folder. Now, the instructions state that this is to be installed. Does this mean more than just copying it to the folder? Am I required to execute this via a common prompt?

I keep getting a HTTP 500 error. I have checked the error log file and get the following

suexec policy violation: see suexec log for more details, referrer: http://www.mydomain.co.uk/sample.html
Premature end of script headers: CcOrderHash.e, referrer: http://www.mydomain.co.uk/sample.html

Any help will be very much appreciated.

Thanks

badvoc

Sorry guys I have just realized that this forum is for VirtuMart. I use a custom built cart. I will take a look at this one and see if it can be integrated to our site.

Thanks anyway.

afeiges

Dear All,

I've installed the payment module in virtuemart, using the files posted early on this forumn.

Actually, I was wondering if there is a payment module version which supports multiple currencies in VM 1.1 (I saw a previous message from Ian that was testing it)

Also, the module is not working so far, HSBC is returning a code 10, invalid input data. Any ideas of possible causes?

Best regards,
Alejandro

jmds

Hi Alejandro,

If you give the HSBC e-payments tech support a call they will probably be able to tell you what data you are sending is incorrect.

Christopher

If anyone is struggling with integrating the HSBC CPi code, I suggest you visit da8iwr's site, pay the fee and ask him nicely to carry out the integration work for you.

I had a problem with my second implementation of this code, that completely baffled me, especially as my first site had worked 'first time' and I couldn't see any differences in the programming.

In desperation, I contacted da8iwr and he solved the problem, revamped the site, tested it and kept me informed of every step he took.

Hats off to you Ian - you saved my bacon! - my client is very happy and I can relax! This service is worth every penny.

Cheers

Christopher
There are 10 types of people in the world:
Those who understand binary and those who don't

da8iwr

I shouldn't have called myself da8iwr should i, i sound like a robot, when I'm really just a northern monkey scrabbling to make a living in the north east of England. :)

Christopher, thanks for that, if you ever need anything else, please let me know :).

Regards
"IAN"
Ian Wright
My Design agency
www.NewWorldDesigns.co.uk
Design - CMS - Ecommerce – SEO

Virtuemart to Froogle / Google Base XML Feed
www.joomlagooglebase.com

julien.b

Nice work !!! thanks a lot

Please notice that the
function generateHash($vector, $s) expect a NON associative array as $vector paramater

FIX : generateHash(array_value($vector), $s) or modify the source code
with a foreach loop ....

Rachel

Hi All
I successfully implemented the HSBC payment module a few years ago, with support from this thread, and my client is happily plodding on with his site.
However, he is now being told that he must request a customers 3 digit verification pin by HSBC.... the HSBC cpi still doesn't provide this, and he couldn't be informed when the form will be updated by HSBC!?
The only suggestion HSBC had, was to move away from using the HSBC provided CPI to a fully integrated API payment method?!?!

Anyone done this with virtuemart?

I can't believe the idiocy of HSBS to state something is mandatory, but not provide the facilities to request it!?!?

Thanks

Rachel

razor7

Hi...is there a downlodable HSBC payment plugin for VirtueMart?

Thanks a lot!
MGS Creativa - VirtueMart Payment Plugin Experts
http://www.mgscreativa.com

Take a look at our downloads section for VirtueMart payment plugins and mouch more!
http://www.mgscreativa.com/en/online-store

huhwhatwhere

Hi

I'm looking to integrate CPi payments on my website at some point

What im confused about it whether you can use shared hosting or do you have to have a dedicated server?

I'm currently with Heart Internet

Also what are the pros and cons of CPI /API? in terms of integrating with a website? which is easier?

Cheers

Christopher

You'll need an SSL certificate and therefore, probably, a dedicated IP address for the cert. I've never bothered with shared hosting, but the clue could be in the name - you're trying to do something very secure on a *shared* server?

The choice of HSBC payment gateway will be down to the type of shop, your client's wishes and the kind of set up provided by HSBC. If I recall, they supply the client with a DVD containing the demos and explanations about the different kinds of account and integration, plus some scripting. Don't get too excited about the scripting - as you might be able to tell from this thread (now in its 10th page), there's plenty of work required to get HSBC CPi integrated and working with VM.

IMHO (and I've said this before) contact Ian (username da8iwr - see his posts throughout this thread) and pay him 50 quid for his solution then go to the pub and enjoy your evening, safe in the knowledge that you don't have to mess around for hours on end getting it to work properly because Ian's solution works.

As for Heart internet, best of luck to you - I've found them to be a complete PITA when dealing with them on behalf of clients who want to move away from them (because of Heart's poor service) but they could just be (several) isolated incidents.

:-)
There are 10 types of people in the world:
Those who understand binary and those who don't

da8iwr

Sorry mate, im in Greece getting married and having a honney moon until next Friday :)
http://www.theimagefile.com/?skin=8407&Action=_VC&id=60377050&ppwd=60962nrn

Give me a shout when i get back, i will have no problem helping you then :)

Ian
Ian Wright
My Design agency
www.NewWorldDesigns.co.uk
Design - CMS - Ecommerce – SEO

Virtuemart to Froogle / Google Base XML Feed
www.joomlagooglebase.com

siddiqullah16

Congrats mate have a nice honey moon. will contact you once you are back.

Take care

Quote from: da8iwr on September 15, 2010, 13:41:26 PM
Sorry mate, im in Greece getting married and having a honney moon until next Friday :)
http://www.theimagefile.com/?skin=8407&Action=_VC&id=60377050&ppwd=60962nrn

Give me a shout when i get back, i will have no problem helping you then :)

Ian

siddiqullah16

Hi Every one

Good news, I have been working with one of my Friend to develop API Integration for HSBC. We Have done it successfully and it is working very well.

We are planning to sell it for £35. This includes installation and the API integration.

Please contact me on siddiqullah16@gmail.com if you are interested.

Many thanks