News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Which Template Does Really Work for VM 2 ?

Started by snoopy, October 25, 2012, 17:14:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snoopy

When I started my current project with Joomla 2.5 and VM 2 I tested about 10 different templates. None really worked without flaws and had such issues like number of products per rows not working, fly pages not working, text being badly aligned and alike. I finally decided for the template with the least problems, of course.

Obviously some of the problems in VM are template related. Therefore my question, can someone recommend a template that works well for the current VM and Joomla versions? I would prefer a free template - not so much about the money. But I want to spare myself the frustration of entering a subscription just to find afterwards out that the freshly downloaded template does not work.

Thanks in advance

aksam

I'd also like to know what are the good free Joomla templates that work well with VM2 and Joomla 2.5+ please.

aksam

Thanks PRO. I checked there but couldn't find any free templates. Did I miss one?

snoopy

Hi Guys

I have found one myself in the meantime. Pretty satisfying, and it solved several issues I had like only one product showing up per row although I had specified two and more alike. It is called Zhong and can be found on http://www.joomlaos.de/index.php?set_albumName=album13&id=zhongtemplate&option=com_gallery&Itemid=37&include=view_photo.php

I first tried the free version. It worked fine and should be sufficient for most. Later I upgraded to Zhong Plus, a commercial version.

You should plan some time to migrate your site to the new template. It is easy to install and adjust (They have an  installation guide made for beginners). But the template has a large number of settings and possibilities and one should take the time to optimize everything.