News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Pagination does not work for Product Categories

Started by snoopy, October 25, 2012, 16:59:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snoopy

Pagination does not work for Product Categories.

I have googled and read several threads for this problem on this forum and tried the proposed solutions as there are SEF (enabled in Joomla and in VM) and turning Virtuemart jQuery off. And I have spent some time to enlighten me with these parameters "Category Form Limit List Start", "..List step", ".. list max" and ".. initial display records" and tried different settings.

But there is still no pagination for product categories.

I am using the latest version of Joomla 2.5.7 and the nearly latest VM version 2.12. My site is hosted on IIS Server.

To make things worse, pagination does not work for me either in Joomla for subcategories in "List categories" view. I have been working on a large web site for months. And if I cannot solve these two issues, I can as well give up this project.

Thanks in advance for any help

PS: It is frustrating. With the old Joomla 1.5 and VM 1.x I had only sections and one category level available. But it worked.

sadrem

hello,
Go to configuration and define
Max products per view in frontend:
Set the pagination sequence for the List Box:12,16,20,24

Go to Category find parameters  Category Form Initial Display Records and define to be 20 or whatever You want.
Try also Joomla Configuration :Default List Limit
Good luck
p.s. Do not forget to change message icon to Solved.

snoopy

Hi Sadrem

Thanks a lot. But nothing of that helped. The problem persists. Could the problem maybe be with the template? - see my second posting from today at the same time.

sadrem

Are You talking about products pagination in category or pagination of Categories on fronpage?

snoopy

I am talking about pagination for VM product categories. I use VM not as a shopping cart system but as a database to display art works. It is a 3-tiers category scheme: 1. Art-media (painting, printmaking) -> 2.Artists -> 3.Categories to group artist's works (for instance by series, style, period).

The problem showed on the second level (artists) where I wanted a limit of 10 per page, and now 11 show up without any pagination. On level 1 and 3 I have not yet surpassed the limit of 10 entries anywhere, and therefore cannot say if the system would show the same behavior of not triggering pagination.

sadrem

I think there is no pagination  for categories. But I'm not sure 100%.

snoopy

This could explain why I have the same problem on the same site with Joomla categories.

Maybe one of the developers could make a statement here if that is the case or not.

If it is, I can throw away the work of several months and have to redesign the whole web site, or find another software solution. The new Joomla and VM versions proudly announced the new category concept. But without pagination of categories you cannot really construct a large web site - neither with Joomla nor with VM.

sadrem

Hello
may be this post will be useful for You
http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=97744.0

Pages/Links/Pagination
<?php echo $this->vmPagination->getResultsCounter();?>
<?php echo $this->vmPagination->getLimitBox(); ?>
<?php echo $this->vmPagination->getPagesLinks(); ?>
<?php echo $this->vmPagination->getPagesCounter(); ?>

Ediamond

To fix the pagination in vm categories.

go into the your root folders.

components/com_virtuemart/assets/css

and look for the file

vmsite-ltr.css

click edit
and look for the section that looks like this

.vm-pagination div{text-align:center !important;}
.vm-pagination ul{text-align:center !important;}
.vm-pagination ul li{display: inline;}  -----You're looking for this line
.vm-pagination ul li{display: inline; margin-right:20px;}   --------and change it to this
.vm-pagination  .counter{text-align: right !important;}

Hope that helps.