News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

[SOLVED] Can't acess product page in backend.

Started by MarcoFox, November 23, 2012, 15:49:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarcoFox

Hello. I have a problem here.

After updating some products with some files for sale (using the digital media sales extension), I now cant acess the product page in the backend. Whenever I click on it, it waits a lot of time, and my chrome says "Server error". I have not made any other changes, and I have been doing this for 5 days, with no problem. Everything else seems to be working.

I already tried it on chrome and firefox, with the same results. Also tried logging out and in again, to no avail.

Is there a errorlog I can check to know what happened? Did this happen to anyone else?

Edit: Also, I can acess the products via "categories" menu.

Thank you.

MarcoFox

Well, started working suddenly. I dont know why. Maybe it was a temporary server issue.

Thanks anyway.

MarcoFox

Now it locked back up again. I have no ideia whats going on. Is this random?

If anyone has any clues to what might be happening, please, feel free to reply. Thank you.

jenkinhill

As you are the only one to ever report this it must be something to do with your setup/addons or with the server. The closest error I have seen was where a user was uploading large files for sale, so large that the site server ran out  of resources.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum