News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

"Click here to read TOS check box..." during checkout redirects to homepage

Started by Hennen, October 23, 2012, 19:06:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hennen

I am currently using VMart version 2.0.12f with Joomla 2.5.6

I have gone to shop->shop->->vendor and loaded my TOS into the editor "Terms of Service." I have also gone to configuration->configuration->checkout and checked the  "Must agree to Terms of Service on EVERY ORDER?" and "Show Terms of Service on the cart/checkout?"

Yet when one goes to the cart and clicks either the icon or the hyperlink "Click here to read the TOS and check the box to accept them" he gets redirected to my homepage. I have scoured the forums and tried every possible solution including modifying the language strings with a link to my TOS to no avail. This has apparently been a problem for others as well.

Please help!

csimmo

Did you find an fix to this issue? I am suffering the same problem

syntalk

Hi,

I have that problem too in VM2.0.18c. It works on default beezz template but not with mine, that indicates the problem is with the template. Have checked everything and no idea where else to look.
Anyone can help? At least to point the direction to go as I got stuck with it..

Thanks
tom

syntalk

Quote from: syntalk on March 28, 2013, 18:21:15 PM
I have that problem too in VM2.0.18c....

Few hours later  :o..

I had this problem too.. 8)  I found where my issue was. As I said above - in my case it was my custom template problem because it worked with the default Joomla template. I hope it will help to someone with the simillar problem however it was an override file fault in my case, not the VM.

My problem was in /templates/mycustomtemplate/html/com_virtuemart/cart/default.php - it's override for my /components/com_virtuemart/views/cart/tmpl/default.php

Around line 30 I had:
jQuery(document).ready(function($) {
$('div#full-tos').hide();
$('span.terms-of-service').click( function(){
//$.facebox({ span: '#full-tos' });
$.facebox( { div: '#full-tos' }, 'my-groovy-style');
});
});

And changed it to:

//<![CDATA[
jQuery(document).ready(function($) {
$('div#full-tos').hide();