Joomla 2.5.7 / Virtuemart 2.0.12f anonymous user price not showing in front-end

Started by enoon, October 22, 2012, 21:26:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ggarmo

Hello All,

I am having a similar issue. I cannot save any product prices whatsoever. I know the database is communicating because if i change in phpmyadmin it reflects in backend and frontend. However, whenever i try to save from administrator nothing happens. I have fixed shopper group to NULL as it was all messed up after an update. My main reason for trying to figure this out is because I believe it is related to my issue of when you try to visit the cart I get this error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method VirtueMartModelProduct::getProductPrices() in /com_virtuemart/helpers/cart.php on line 1288

After the update to 2.0.18 then downgrade to 2.0.16 because of major issues we arent even operational anymore. Entire site is basically useless.

ggarmo

realized that when the cart is empty everything works fine. it's only if there are products in the cart. any ideas>

rishard

Joomla 2.5.8, VirtueMart 2.0.18.

After upgrade VirtueMart 2.0.18a does not show the price to not authorized buyers. Advise what to do?

ocean1

Same over here, the price is gone
When logged in we see the price again

jenkinhill

Check the shopper group set to show the prices to. If prices should be shown to all site users then the group should be left as "Please Select".

[attachment cleanup by admin]
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

rishard

Quote from: jenkinhill on January 24, 2013, 23:36:27 PM
Check the shopper group set to show the prices to. If prices should be shown to all then the group should be left as Please Select.

I'm sorry, how do I find this tab?

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

rishard

Quote from: jenkinhill on January 25, 2013, 18:39:47 PM
That is the Product Editor, Product Information tab.

OK, this works!
Thank you :)
Tell please, how I should act, if it is a lot of products?
I should as to edit everyone?

P.S. Joomla 2.5.8, VirtueMart 2.0.18a, php 5.3.15.

maybe u can share your progress with others... i am having the same problem, prices are not displayed, dont know what to do...

rishard

Quote from: 77777 on January 28, 2013, 20:03:29 PM
maybe u can share your progress with others... i am having the same problem, prices are not displayed, dont know what to do...

The solution is found, description here. Sorry, the article is in russian language. But the syntax of the sql-query is read easily. :)

Milbo

Quote from: rishard on January 28, 2013, 20:16:53 PM
Quote from: 77777 on January 28, 2013, 20:03:29 PM

The solution is found, description here. Sorry, the article is in russian language. But the syntax of the sql-query is read easily. :)

Thank you, the sql is

UPDATE #__virtuemart_shoppergroups SET `default` = 0 WHERE `default` = 1

Of course replace +_ with your table prefix. But this is not a real solution. You have then no standard shoppergroup. You should set a new default shoppergroup then.

The problem is imho that people have stored prices with shoppergroups.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a [url=http://extensions.virtuemart.net/support/virtuemart-supporter-membership-detail]member[/url]

jenkinhill

I have used this to fix sites where the user wrongly stored shoppergroup specific prices: 

UPDATE ###_virtuemart_product_prices   SET virtuemart_shoppergroup_id=NULL
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Hubbitus

Quote from: Milbo on January 29, 2013, 14:52:31 PMOf course replace +_ with your table prefix. But this is not a real solution.
Really it is dirty hack.

Quote from: Milbo on January 29, 2013, 14:52:31 PM
You have then no standard shoppergroup. You should set a new default shoppergroup then.
No! The key there to do not have default group on import because if it exists it had picked up by CVSI importer.