Joomla 2.5.7 / Virtuemart 2.0.12f anonymous user price not showing in front-end

Started by enoon, October 22, 2012, 21:26:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hubbitus

Quote from: jenkinhill on January 29, 2013, 15:14:30 PM
I have used this to fix sites where the user wrongly stored shoppergroup specific prices: 

UPDATE ###_virtuemart_product_prices   SET virtuemart_shoppergroup_id=NULL
There only one problem - you should run it each time after import unfortunately!

will this be okay in next versions of VM? I am running shop with more than 8000 products,and is really not easy to run the script every hour after import... anyway we are down for more than a week (!)  8)

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Stonedfury

I ran the sql and I am working on putting fresh files. Unsure on what files to put in fresh but I have uploaded the entire mytemplate and the view part of virtuemart.

Then went back and uploaded entire com_virtuemart and still 0 with strike through.
No such thing as a stupid question, only a stupid answer. I won't ask if I know the answer or found it using the search as you suggested.

Stonedfury

I ran the sql did file uploads and database fixes. What fixed it? A setting I would have never considered.
"Apply default rules" in the tax field

[attachment cleanup by admin]
No such thing as a stupid question, only a stupid answer. I won't ask if I know the answer or found it using the search as you suggested.

ggarmo

anyone have any idea why i receive this error when trying to view cart with a product added?

Fatal error: Call to undefined method VirtueMartModelProduct::getProductPrices() in /.../components/com_virtuemart/helpers/cart.php on line 1288

gavfrog

Quote from: jenkinhill on January 29, 2013, 15:14:30 PM
I have used this to fix sites where the user wrongly stored shoppergroup specific prices: 

UPDATE ###_virtuemart_product_prices   SET virtuemart_shoppergroup_id=NULL
Thanks for sharing. That saved me a good hour or two.

joompiter

I did not read the whole thread, but having a similar problem, I did the following since an anonymous user was not asociated to the the default shopper group:

Have a look where virtuemart_user_id 0 is in #__virtuemart_vmuser_shoppergroups.
If so, set the virtuemart_shopper_group_id to your standard shopper_group_id.

If not, insert a pair (0,your standard shopper_group_id).

Perhaps this is missing when choosing a new standatd shopper group. I did not further analyze...

remeedella

Hey guys, I'm good at screwing things up and finding random work arounds. The following actually worked for me and might solve this for some of you if you have a simple setup.
I've read through this whole thread and I've tried the sql query on a fresh 2.0.18! install and shopper id's were already at 0 beforehand, I tried to NULL and it nulled but changed nothing..

What I need to do is allow guests to see prices without logging in yet, I want to be able to see prices change on the fly as a guest when adjusting quantity to put in cart and when adding +- custom field variants. I want guests and members to see prices alike. Right now everything is perfect when logged in, a guest only see's this "Price:"  and price per lb because im using that customprice additionally. For some reason that shows but not regular price. Here's my ghetto solution, view attached image

I also was able to leave anonymous shopper group show prices and all that disabled and default.

When you see how I configured pricing it achieves what I want but may not work for people with lots of different price setups required. It basically hides the labels of things I don't need and only shows my customprice and the regular price before it by hiding what needs not to show but does pull up the basic correct price however I will need to style it because of course the price appears one line below so I need to align it accordingly.

remeedella

Quote from: remeedella on March 19, 2013, 20:07:06 PM
Hey guys, I'm good at screwing things up and finding random work arounds. The following actually worked for me and might solve this for some of you if you have a simple setup.
I've read through this whole thread and I've tried the sql query on a fresh 2.0.18! install and shopper id's were already at 0 beforehand, I tried to NULL and it nulled but changed nothing..

What I need to do is allow guests to see prices without logging in yet, I want to be able to see prices change on the fly as a guest when adjusting quantity to put in cart and when adding +- custom field variants. I want guests and members to see prices alike. Right now everything is perfect when logged in, a guest only see's this "Price:"  and price per lb because im using that customprice additionally. For some reason that shows but not regular price. Here's my ghetto solution, view attached image

I also was able to leave anonymous shopper group show prices and all that disabled and default.

When you see how I configured pricing it achieves what I want but may not work for people with lots of different price setups required. It basically hides the labels of things I don't need and only shows my customprice and the regular price before it by hiding what needs not to show but does pull up the basic correct price however I will need to style it because of course the price appears one line below so I need to align it accordingly.