Joomla 2.5.7 / Virtuemart 2.0.12f anonymous user price not showing in front-end

Started by enoon, October 22, 2012, 21:26:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WVQ

The problem persists only in one of my sites. I have two sites almost identical. One works fine and the other doesn't show the prices. I have put into practice all what people suggests on previous posts but doesn't work.

Does anybody from the VM team has an idea about expected update date?

RevoLion

I have done the suggestions above, but my prices and add to cart buttons and custom fields are gone now that I have done an update. Why would they release an update without testing it first. We spend so much time creating a nice VM website and then do an update that messes it all up and gets clients mad at us. Please help me to fix as my client is pissed, I have done everything suggestion with still no luck. I love VM, just need to figure out how to fix.... desperately.

randy222

HI. I insert the products with CSVI, but the prices do not vedono.Se write them in but I do see them, you can also see the prices of the drill stairs etc. .. I understand that to help freelancers and agencies do not you do a quick update, but this is not correct-sorry THANKS

tommy_armitage

jaymokurtz12

hi
am having the same problem after updating VirtueMart to version 2.0.12f .. prices not showing and customised fields also not showing on frontend but showing on backend.

HOW DO I SOLVE THIS PROBLEM??? Anybody who can help ? i really need to finish this project

thanx in advance

John2400

2.0.13 test , test version is out - maybe try that.

I just did and my prices returned. -

jaymokurtz12

hi john
and why is not shwing on my joomla control panel ... because earlier if there was any update it was showing .. UPDATE AVAILABLE !!!

John2400

beta - or test versions - do not show there - remember test version- this is just a trial.

And when you do test - don't worry too much about the number or update you see there.

http://dev.virtuemart.net/projects/virtuemart/files

jaymokurtz12

i have done the installations but still not showing any change... what next????????

Milbo

Quote from: WVQ on November 01, 2012, 19:32:14 PM
The problem persists only in one of my sites. I have two sites almost identical. One works fine and the other doesn't show the prices. I have put into practice all what people suggests on previous posts but doesn't work.

Does anybody from the VM team has an idea about expected update date?

Absolutly crazy, or? At least this post shows that we do a lot tests but sometimes the 50th installations shows suddenly a new problem.

The new version is on the way, atm 2.0.13.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a [url=http://extensions.virtuemart.net/support/virtuemart-supporter-membership-detail]member[/url]

Milbo

Quote from: RevoLion on November 06, 2012, 00:38:13 AM
I have done the suggestions above, but my prices and add to cart buttons and custom fields are gone now that I have done an update. Why would they release an update without testing it first. We spend so much time creating a nice VM website and then do an update that messes it all up and gets clients mad at us. Please help me to fix as my client is pissed, I have done everything suggestion with still no luck. I love VM, just need to figure out how to fix.... desperately. www.thehummingbirdstore.com

Yes, I can imagine, this is really fu... you maybe ask yourself, why the heck they did not directly add this line (deleting the shoppergroups)? The problem is that we added the multiple prices per product, but only partly, cause some gui stuff was missing. But we know that people already work on stores and migrated their old stuff, so we thought okey, new users have it empty anyway and if there is something in it, then it is someone migrated from vm1 and is now waiting that we add this feature. Damn, I did not thought about the people who come from vm1, but single priced. And on the other hand we "removed" it,.. just the loading of the prices is in it.

On the other hand... we had 70k downloads of the F version (Consider the data of ARS also). Compared to this,... lets assume this are 40k real downloads, real stores running or people working on it. Then we have 15 people writing here and maybe 400 with the same problem and just reading. Looks like most people were able to solve it, so it is still a problem for maybe 40 people. This is a quote of 0.1% !! I think this quote is quite well and much better than most people think, if they read in the forum.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a [url=http://extensions.virtuemart.net/support/virtuemart-supporter-membership-detail]member[/url]

tommyslade

Hi,
I have just upgraded from 2.0.8 to 2.0.14 and can see the prices fine in the category layout but not on the actual product details page. Please advise on how I can fix this. The site is due to go live any day now. This needs fixing first. www.roofsuperstore.co.uk

Thanks,

Tom

marriage_minded_man

Newbie here. I'm exhausted from reading this thread.

I have recently installed, VM 2.0.14 with Joomla 2.5.8.

The "Base Price" only shows for logged in users and not anonymous users. But when logged in, the "Base Price", shows fine.

I can reinstall the whole thing, just tell me exactly what to do in order to get a fresh, clean working install with this problem fixed. Thanks.

jenkinhill

QuoteThe "Base Price" only shows for logged in users and not anonymous users. But when logged in, the "Base Price", shows fine.

That is correct. The base price is only to be seen by the shop administrator, and is used as the cost price from which the selling price is calculated after adding in profit margin etc.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

marriage_minded_man

Yes you are right, the base price seems to show only for admins logged in. However the base price with tax shows for all. What's the logic here? I don't understand. Why would you show the base price to admins only and then show the base price with tax to everyone else, when there is clearly a checkbox option in the backend to show "Baseprice" under configuration-->Pricing???

I need to be able to display the following:

MSRP: $x.xx
Our Regular Price: $x.xx
Our Sales Price: $x.xx

With the "Our Regular Price" slashed, when there is a sale price entered or a sales rule applied.

Can I add a custom MSRP field that will always display just for display purposes?

I can then use the "Base Price With Tax" (that shows to everyone, since for some reason I can't show the Base Price), as the "Our Regular Price", and when there is a sale "override" or "sale rule applied" the price gets slashed and Sales Price gets displayed?

Only problem is when there is no override/sale the wording defaults to "Sales Price" wording and does not stay consistent.

There will be no taxes on these products sold, so I don't need to worry about calculating taxes.

I hope I'm making sense. I'm really frustrated. Please help.