News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Error in registry.php on on line 336 when displaying product detail

Started by deriderj, October 22, 2012, 05:06:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deriderj

When I select a product in order to see its detail I consistently get an error message on some (not all) of the new products I am adding to VirtueMart.  I am filling out the product information on the back-end using the same procedure for each product (all products are basically identical, they just have a different picture).

Here is the exact message I get.

Fatal error: Cannot access empty property in /home/icetcorp/public_html/IPComics/libraries/joomla/registry/registry.php on line 336
I have deleted and recreated the products that are throwing the error, and the error is still happening.

This is occurring under two different categories.

Again, some products are failing, some are not.  The ones that are failing always fail and the ones that are working always work.

This is a new installation of VirtueMart and these are the first few products that I have tried adding.  There are many categories/products already in my VirtueMart and those all work (they came with my template and I am using them to help speed my implementation).  The inability to add products is as serious an error as I can imagine an online shopping program having...

I am new to VirtueMart (about 4 hours old).

NOTE: I am modifying this note because I found out what was causing the error, but I still need a solution to this problem.

When I place a # (a pound sign) in the product name, I get this error.  Since I am selling comic books, the pound sign is gonna be in all the descriptions as for example Superman #1 .

Here are my technical details:

Apache version  2.2.21
PHP version     5.2.17
MySQL version   5.0.96-community
Operating system        linux
Perl version    5.8.8
Kernel version  2.6.18-194.32.1.el5PAE
Joomla! Version  2.5.7 Stable [ Ember ] 13-September-2012 14:00 GMT
Joomla! Platform 11.4.0 Stable [ Brian Kernighan ] 03-Jan-2012 00:00 GMT
VirtueMart 2.0.12e MINOR Revision: 6569 [Sofia] October 20 2012 1747 GMT

Thank you.

deriderj

Does anyone have any insights on this issue?  Is this a bug or a WAD?  Is there perhaps a work around as I really want the # (pound sign) to be in the product name.

Thanks,

Joel

jenkinhill

I have no problem with including a £ symbol in a product name.

Your PHP version is not suitable for running Joomla 2.5 - minimum requirement is 5.2.4 +  http://www.joomla.org/technical-requirements.html
I wonder if that is the actual problem.

The error message you see was described as a bug in Joomla 2.5.4 but I though it had been fixed in later versions - http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=579&t=709422&p=2919235
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Datatonic

I can confirm that this has not been fixed.

I have just ported a site from VM 1 to VM 2 and due to various reasons I changed product id's and category id's.

I spent hours sorting out links in redirect manager to ensure that all the old links pointed to the new ones.

Unfortunately when the urls are like this .... index.php?page=shop.browse&category_id=1&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=67  you get the error in registry.php.

The fix on the Joomla forums here - unbreaks the urls, but leaves the admin backend unusable ....

Mole_LR

Hello!

I had the same problem when using the component CSVI PRO and running export as cron job from .nix console...

Here is my post to CSVI PRO Forum and also an answer/solution from support team with 3 possible solutions (solution for Joomla (I see that Datatonic solved it as "temp solution", because the "first" solution did not work correctly for Joomla), for VM (VM developers could look at the suggest and maybe fix in VM...?) and for CSVI PRO)):
http://www.csvimproved.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&view=topic&catid=2&id=30477&Itemid=302#32605

RomanWeb

Hello Virtuemart experts!

I got similar error.
When I enter some non existing address, it is supposed to give 404 error.
Instead it readdresses to: /index.php?option=com_virtuemart

And shows error about empty property, similar to the subject of this post

Fatal error: Cannot access empty property in /home/a5396578/public_html/libraries/joomla/registry/registry.php on line 336

I tried installing Qlue Custom 404 plugin..
I also tried to create page and assign it in the .htaccess like:
ErrorDocument 404 /index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=7

Though it worked to get the custom page of the plugin (even though the .htaccess is configured to my single article),
for specific case when only the option has error. Any other missing file etc. would show that php error.
So, address like artisansjewelry.ca/index.php?option=com_virtuemartgg
Would display the page configured via Qlue Custom 404 plugin.

Joomla 2.5.6
VM 2.0.10
Domain: http://artisansjewelry.ca

Milbo

Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member