News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

How to Disable HTTPS/SSL Checkout?

Started by jermo5, October 17, 2012, 20:32:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jermo5

Joomla 2.5.4 / VM 2.0.10

I use Paypal for all payment options and have had issues with users checking out and it's caused by HTTPS/SSL issues.

What I would like to do is completely disable secure cart/checkout in VM. I have gone through all the settings that I know of, cleared page cache, etc and I am ALWAYS redirected to HTTPS once I get to the checkout page.

I have searched far and wide but can't find a solution: can someone give me a "dummy's guide to disabling secure checkout"?

What I have done:
- VM Configuration --> Shop settings: UNchecked "Enable SSL for sensitive areas"
-Joomla Global Configuration --> Server tab: Set "Force SSL to None"

To reproduce issue, try visiting the following link (goes directly to our cart), see how it redirects to HTTPS?
http://www.agility-u.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=cart

westrop

Hello,

At the virtuemart module go to configuration => shop and disable option 6 (last in the first box)

Good luck

Rob van Westrop

jermo5

Thanks for the quick reply Rob!

I actually have that last option disabled already ("Enable SSL for sensitive areas" is already unchecked).

But when I hover over that option I see the tooltip says: "Be sure to use the right Joomla settings for the user maintenance, the anonymous order and the login."

So now my question is, what ARE the right settings for those 3 things and where do I find them?

westrop

I Think that the option must be set on ; Site => global configuration => server => force SSL to "none"

Regards

Rob

jermo5

Quote from: westrop on October 17, 2012, 21:29:10 PM
I Think that the option must be set on ; Site => global configuration => server => force SSL to "none"

Regards

Rob

Yeah, I tried that as well, it didn't change anything with the SSL. Any other ideas?

illank

@jermo5 did you find teh solution?

Same here, i have a problem after enabling the SSL,
add to cart is not working,
cart is not update..

i disable all of the SSL, in virtuemart and also in Global configuration. but no luck...

please somebody...

heeeelp