News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Product Availabilty End Date, Time Out, Etc.

Started by saviB, October 17, 2012, 19:44:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

saviB

Can anyone tell me if there is a way to have products time out? My client is selling advertising spot on her website. We are using VM to sell the banner spots as products, each banner runs for 1 month. It would be a management nightmare to have to prorate each banner cost if a customer bought a spot half way through its run month. So, we would like to be able to set an end date where the product (un-publishes, hides, removes, disables) itself. Solution is ideal, all ideas are welcome.

bytelord

Hello,

Just by luck i saw that extension today. http://www.thakkertech.com/products/joomla-extensions/modules/deal-of-the-day-detail.html
Deal of the day but supports more days (i month) and counts down. Take a look at the demo page.
http://joomla.thakkertech.com/gardentools.html

is for discounts but could be hide the product is time expired, not sure.

It's a commercial module, never used.

Regards
Production: Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.14 | PHP 5.3.13
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.16 | PHP 5.3.8
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 |    VM 2.1   | PHP 5.3.8

- Don't Forget to mark thread as solved when it is solved!
- Please do not PM with support questions, use the forum!

PolishedGeek

Is she only selling advertising? If so, why not use an extension that is specifically designed for advertising sales, such as iJoomla's AdAgency?

http://adagency.ijoomla.com/
~ Deb Cinkus, CEO
Polished Geek, LLC   |    [url="//www.polishedgeek.com"]www.PolishedGeek.com[/url]

Creators of JoomLister - eBay Lister for Joomla!

saviB

THANKS bytelord I'll give that a shot. I scoured the extensions - but guess I missed that one. I'll post how it works out.

Polished Geek - no, not just advertising. But, you are right Adagency is a good way to go, but later, when her site has actual traffic and justifies the cost and time. As a newbie, she will have a big enough learning curve with what she has now.

bytelord

Hello,

I found it by luck, but before you purchase it ask the developer if it's fine for your purposes and if not ask him if he could be able to implement one with expiration in case is doesn't do it (i think remove the the discount only and you want to "disable" the product). Not difficult to change it.

Regards
Production: Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.14 | PHP 5.3.13
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.16 | PHP 5.3.8
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 |    VM 2.1   | PHP 5.3.8

- Don't Forget to mark thread as solved when it is solved!
- Please do not PM with support questions, use the forum!

saviB

The module as is won't work. It is a module - and only uses one product at a time. I'm currently working with them for a change to make their time out work in the VM admin. There was a misunderstanding on their part though and after sending them a 50% payment, I'm left with nothing... Sigh. I'll post once it gets figured out.