News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Information on Virtuemart module for fulfillment by Amazon

Started by mattynew, October 30, 2012, 10:37:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattynew

Hi everyone

Firstly, apologies if Im in the wrong place. I've been searching for an API expert to help set up by ebay/magento stores so that the delivery information is sent to Amazon FBA. My stock is stored there and basically I want Amazon to dispatch my orders once a customer has purchased via my other sales channels.

I have managed to find a freelancer and got the relevant information I need from Amazon MWS with regards to outbound shipments.

The reason Im writing is because I came across another job similiar to mine which had your system listed, I pasted the description below. Im just wondering if you have an easy solution or Im missing something??

Id appreciate any help, links , support etc

Kind Regards

Matthew

Project Description:
Virtuemart module for fulfillment by Amazon with MWS API

There's NO NEED to read further if you don't meet the following requirements:
- proven familiarity with Amazon MWS API
- proven knowledge with Virtuemart
- pro-active problem solving attidue

Module to submit orders with Amazon's MWS Fulfillment API.
The module must be Virtuemart standard installable and will be able to upgrade through new editions of Virtuemart.

- Customers can select between Standard Delivery (1-day processing and 3-5 business days shipping),
Two-day Delivery, or Next-day Delivery.
- The packing slips will contain the business name and can include a customized message to the customer
- Returns fulfillment shipment status and set the flag in Virtuemart (incl. sending e-mail changed status)
- Should include necessary info like AmazonShipmentId, LatestShipDate etc.

According to Amazon MWS Fulfillment Outbound Shipment API

OUtbound shipment:
https://developer.amazonservices.com/gp/mws/api.html?ie=UTF8§ion=outbound&group=fba&version=latest

mattynew

Any thoughts guys? Am I completely lost or does someone know what Im trying to say :)

PolishedGeek

If I understand you correctly, you don't use VirtueMart but are hoping that someone has published a VirtueMart/Amazon fulfillment extension. And if you find one, you want to use it as a guide for development on another eCommerce platform?
Sorry, but I'm not aware of one out there.

It sounds from the ad you posted that someone commissioned this as a one-off customization. Unless the freelancer built it with an extension-mindset, the code probably is not in a nice neat package you can obtain from that project sponsor either. It's probably been added as a hack just for that site. Of course, you could always ask the original person who posted the freelance job.

Maybe if you offer to pay them a reasonable share of the development costs they incurred, they would be willing to share the code with you?
~ Deb Cinkus, CEO
Polished Geek, LLC   |    www.PolishedGeek.com

Creators of JoomLister - eBay Lister for Joomla!