In Vm1 , i can modify purchase order such as change the price and add product
but in vm2 i can,t find this function
how can i modify purchase order

John2400

yanbbltech

Quote from: John2400 on August 30, 2012, 11:00:24 AM
is this what you are looking for?
http://www.kaizenmediaworks.com/virtuemart-2-0-custom-field-dropbox-plugin
thank you for your answer,but my case is not like this !!
if someone buy a product ,it will have order list
in order list will show the detail about the shopper and what he/she buy.
i want to add product to Purchase Order and change the price or change Quantity

John2400

There are wish lists - or save shopping cart orders -

but to actually -as the admin modify an order from the backend - not yet.

* there have been quite a few discussions in regards to this - as it involves a little more than just editing the orders. (then I'm sure this is in some stage of software development.

yanbbltech

Quote from: John2400 on August 30, 2012, 11:35:18 AM
There are wish lists - or save shopping cart orders -

but to actually -as the admin modify an order from the backend - not yet.

* there have been quite a few discussions in regards to this - as it involves a little more than just editing the orders. (then I'm sure this is in some stage of software development.
But in vm1 have this function.

John2400

Ok yes - I had a look at an old site of mine and that is correct - and still no you can't do that yet.

Now the reason is very tricky -
* the main legal reason is that for tax and payment reasons - you send the client a tax invoice with a ste amount -
* then you change that order , backout the payment and chnge the order that matches the invoice number.
* You tax man/woman would not likethis nor would an auditor - the new software should be able to update the order - create a new invoice, referring to the original and then update stock, or re-place stock at the same time as you changed the order.

this all sounds easy in the data base but VM1 dis not take into account these areas. - so Just chnging numbers is not what we want.  In fact making a new invoice for legal reasons is the better idea. ( asking the client to reorder correctly is better)

Also if you use paypal - and the customer has payed - you can easily reimburse the payment - but you cannot do partial payments and you get into tricky waters trying to pay back the original /partial ammounts without paying a fee.

Sorry - It has become more difficult.  ( a fresh order will make the tax man happy. )

AH

Came across this response when reviewing my migration strategies to VM2 and was stunned to find that order adjustments did not make the VM2 functionality even when milbo stated that this was part of core :-
http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=91199.0
order handling backend

Payment/shipment workflow
    history
    modifiable

Vm1.1 has the ability to adjust an order a function that is essential for most store owners.

For reporting purposes, we need to be able to get a sales report that reflects the orders and value of items delivered and be able to support our customers requirements. 

When a customer mistakenly orders an item (in a list of items) or the wrong quantity, please don't suggest that VM's long term solution to this will be to cancel the order, refund the full amount and then get the customer to raise the order again? 

A couple of frequent scenarios:-
1. Customers often order one or more items incorrectly on a multi line order.
Order is adjusted, new invoice printed and relevant value refunded via card terminal.
2. Suppliers can and do create special deals for a customer if they phone the order through.
Raising the order in the VM frontend and adjusting in the backend to reflect the "deal". 
An invoice is produced and sent to customer with the items.  Payment is done via bank terminal.

Sales reporting and order adjustment/re-invoicing is a requirement of any system. 

The tax man does not audit my VM system as VM does not have sufficient control to make such an audit valid
e.g. Cash registers have audit rolls that must be kept and "cannot" be tampered with.  In VM it is a simple process to manipulate the orders and invoice numbers if required

So to your points:

Now the reason is very tricky -
* the main legal reason is that for tax and payment reasons - you send the client a tax invoice with a ste amount -
* then you change that order , backout the payment and chnge the order that matches the invoice number.
* You tax man/woman would not likethis nor would an auditor - the new software should be able to update the order - create a new invoice, referring to the original and then update stock, or re-place stock at the same time as you changed the order.

VM2 should allow the modification of orders after they have been placed and handle the necessary adjustments to stock as required. 
The reporting will be accurate as the order will reflect the QTY and Price of goods delivered.
Additional charges or refunds can be handled manually.

this all sounds easy in the data base but VM1 dis not take into account these areas. - so Just chnging numbers is not what we want.  In fact making a new invoice for legal reasons is the better idea. ( asking the client to reorder correctly is better)

In what way is this better, and since when, is this a legal reason? 
Asking a client to re-raise an order is a sure way of losing business to internet providers that allow such flexibility.

Also if you use paypal - and the customer has payed - you can easily reimburse the payment - but you cannot do partial payments and you get into tricky waters trying to pay back the original /partial ammounts without paying a fee.

We do partial and full refunds every day with Paypal, there is no issue and the fee is adjusted accordingly

Sorry - It has become more difficult.  ( a fresh order will make the tax man happy. )
The tax man does not care how I manage my business/sales, as long as i pay the correct tax. 
Changing an order after it is raised is legally fine, makes business sense and allows me to accurately report my true sales figures.

Looking forward to this functionality being developed as per VM1.1

Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

John2400

AH

This will certainly keep the tax man happy, if userw of VM2 has to buy a bolt on to edit an order!  Not much gain for the VM team though as it isn't listed by them?  http://extensions.virtuemart.net/extensions-virtuemart-2/orders

Milbo may explain why they left this functionality out and if it will be there in the future.

Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0