News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

NEW! Breezing Forms Custom Fields for VirtueMart [VIDEO link]

Started by PolishedGeek, October 15, 2012, 20:47:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PolishedGeek

Hi, Everyone -

Polished Geek is proud to announce the availability of our new Breezing Forms Custom Fields for VirtueMart extension. So what does it do, you might ask?

If you are frustrated with trying to get VM2 custom product fields to:

• Have dependencies between fields - now, you can do that!
  • Have complete control over the form design - yes, you can do that!
  • Include all kinds of complex field options - absolutely, you can do that!
  • Integrate custom field options with any other Joomla component or table - oh yeah, you can do that!
  • Add checkboxes, multi-select fields and other form elements - yep, you can do that too!
  • And a lot, lot more.

Here's a link to a short (3.5 minute) introductory video that explains how the extension works: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMW0F_RIk68&feature=plcp  [VIDEO]

And here's a link to the product documentation: http://docs.polishedgeek.com/wiki/display/BFCUSTOM

Questions? Ask away!
~ Deb Cinkus, CEO
Polished Geek, LLC   |    www.PolishedGeek.com

Creators of JoomLister - eBay Lister for Joomla!

onnj

PolishedGeek

Hello - Yes, you can easily control the ordering of drop downs in Breezing Forms. As long as you do not need to track stock by the individual sizes, our extension sounds like it will solve your problem.
~ Deb Cinkus, CEO

MrSandman

I decide to try to make Virtuemart function as reservation system where the details that need to be collected are critical to providing the service at all. (+Skip Shipping altogether)
  This plugin allowed me the ability  to integrate custom forms into my Virtuemart cart process (product details page prior to add to cart) and it records my form's  responses, into the order details for each order in back-end of Virtuemart. For this,  I am grateful.

Only 2 questions I have are:

One: The form responses are not editable fields in the back-end of Virtuemart. This will make updating the order's "order details" and sending updated confirmations impossible. Making the Order Update history useless and the info collected "into" the order through your VM BF custom field plugin  (form responses are required for a reason) Can you make the form response values editable in back end of Virtuemart like the other custom field plugins used as cart variants?

Two: I use a Payment Method plugin for Paypal payments Advanced and it would be nice if your plugin passed the information from the breezy form all the way through to :

index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=pluginresponse&task=pluginresponsereceived&ssctype=successtemplate&pm=2

Or is there a way to simply echo those details in the successtemplate area of the payment plugin - like a snippet that will post the results of the form responses for the order that was just placed?

PolishedGeek

Regarding your questions:

1) Unfortunately, because of the nature of the integration, there is no way to make those fields editable. VirtueMart actually doesn't have any direct "link" or "view" into the form option fields or the values. That's all handled in Breezing Forms. What we've done is allow a VM2 custom field to point to code that inserts a form, and then captured the shopper choices as final text values. There would be no way to have them become editable on the backend within VM2.

Now it is possibly feasible that a particular shopper's form choices could be edited by creating a custom UI into the Breezing Form database, but that would likely be prohibitively expensive for something that is needed only rarely by a store owner. Also, eventually VM2 (or VM3?) will have much improved native custom fields capabilities and support order editing, according to Max, which will render the Breezing Forms Custom Fields integration approach obsolete. So it doesn't make sense to expand BFCF to support this through a non-VM2 editing feature when this is an "interim" market solution.

2) I would think that you are onto the right answer with echoing details of the order in the payment plugin. Your payment methods would need to be customized to pick up the information but it could be done.
~ Deb Cinkus, CEO

kmatuk

Quote from: PolishedGeek on September 19, 2013, 16:40:15 PM
1) Unfortunately, because of the nature of the integration, there is no way to make those fields editable. VirtueMart actually doesn't have any direct "link" or "view" into the form option fields or the values. That's all handled in Breezing Forms. What we've done is allow a VM2 custom field to point to code that inserts a form, and then captured the shopper choices as final text values. There would be no way to have them become editable on the backend within VM2.

Does it mean there is no way to alter an order created by BFCF eg. by calling the form another way ?

TenemosTuViaje

Hi

I need helo because I don't find where is the problem.

We will use a Breezinform with VirtueMart, and we wil use the Breezing Forms Plugin PRO like this tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdL3VgV0i2Q (It's on spanish but I thing is easy)

The test web: www.tenemostuviaje.com/test
On the upper menu, the VM is the shop, and "pasajeros" the article which the pluging.

We chech all a lot of times, all is like the tutorial but the VM don't call the article wich the pluging.
We use the last version of VM, BreezingForm and you pluging.

Regards

stresskills

Hi,
I have setup breezingforms with your plugin and everything is going well but in my final testing it looks like billTotal is not updated on cart or checkout.
Any help would be great.
"If you think you can do a thing or think you can't do a thing, you're right." Henry Ford

PolishedGeek

Hello -

Just wanted to make sure anyone reading this thread knows that as of Q1, 2014, the Breezing Forms + VirtueMart extensions become supported directly by Crosstec, the author of the Breezing Forms component. This is a great solution for many clients who often need assistance in building their Breezing Forms and for growing the extensions to support new features like multi-page forms. Crosstec officially released their updated versions and you can get them here: http://crosstec.de/en/extensions/virtuemart-custom-fields.html .

You should contact Crosstec via their forum for any presales or support questions here http://crosstec.de/en/forums/1-free-forums-non-subscribers.html or use their contact form.

Hope this helps!
~ Deb Cinkus, CEO

stresskills

I appreciate the update.
I have contacted the forum without result although it's only been about 24hrs.

Any advice as to why the price would be correct all the way to the order thank you page and then display/charge the product base price instead of the bfcustom price?
I would really appreciate even where to look. I'm looking through the files but there's soo much.
"If you think you can do a thing or think you can't do a thing, you're right." Henry Ford

PolishedGeek

Crosstec has significantly re-factored both of the VM extensions, so we really wouldn't be able to tell you where it's failing or even how they are currently passing that value to the cart anymore. Sorry I can't be of more help.
~ Deb Cinkus, CEO

stresskills

It's ok I didn't realized you stepped back from the development so much. Thank you for your fast response.
Take care!