News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Stock control buggy in VM 2.0.12b

Started by uschmi, October 10, 2012, 11:41:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

uschmi

There is a problem in stock control - example:

Let´s say there are 2 items of a product (child variant) in stock.
The customer tries to buy 4 items - he gets a message that there are not enough items available -> ok!
The customer then first puts 2 items into the cart, next he puts another 2 items into the cart -> he will succeed to have at least 4 items (2x2 items) in the cart even though there are only 2 items in stock!

If I remember right, this was not possible in earlier VM versions.
Please solve it!

Joomla 2.5.7, VM 2.0.12b

bytelord

Hello,

You have to enable the stock control from the backend. Under Configuration -> Shopfront, Action when a Product is Out of Stock. If you choose Products Out of Stock are orderable, no special action then there is no stock control. You could select Displays 'Notify Me' instead of 'Add To Cart' button.

Test it and report back.

btw, do you use child products and custom fields?

Regards
Production: Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.14 | PHP 5.3.13
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.16 | PHP 5.3.8
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 |    VM 2.1   | PHP 5.3.8

- Don't Forget to mark thread as solved when it is solved!
- Please do not PM with support questions, use the forum!

uschmi

Action for stock control is set to "Do not show product...". I cannot use "Disable function..." (the option above), because I´m using child variants with stock control.

If there are 2 items in stock and a customer try to buy more items, the selected item count is automatically reduced according to the stock level -> works excellent!
The only problem is, that the stock is first updated when checking out the cart! Therefore, it´s possible to select the items twice (ore more), which causes the stock to become <0...

[attachment cleanup by admin]

uschmi

Anyone?
This is a MUST to be solved! My shop is live...

Bek85

Did anyone ever find a solution to this? I am having the same problem..

uschmi

Bek85

I've checked one of my products that doesn't have children/variants and it doesn't have this problem.. So if I have 2 of the product in stock and I set the quantity box to 1 and click add to cart three times I get the "out of stock" message on the third click ..looks like it is counting down the stock correctly. When I look at the product in the cart I can see that the two of them have been grouped into one line ie.:
- Size 10 Black Shirt x 2

..whereas if I do the same thing with the child/variants there is not stock control and it instead appears in the cart as single items like in uschmi attached image ie.:
- Size 10 Black Shirt x 1

I'm hoping this is just a problem with the way I've configured virtuemart as I am not experienced enough with code to go digging around looking for bugs.
It would be really helpful if someone who is experienced with setting up product children/variants could test this and see if they are getting the same problem.

thanos268

i think a simple solution is to find a way to reload the child product page (.../category/product-child-red-large) when selecting options in the fields of parent product such us Generic child variant plugin do. There is a delevoper to write the code? Sorry but i'm a begginer and i don't know the way.
thanasis 1973

khalil313

Same problem with VM2.0.10 and joomla 2.5.6 !!!! any solutions ?

smird

J2.5.9 and VM2.0.20a
Same problem. There are many threads with similar problems. VM Team just ignores them(

aj2012

I'm having problems with Stock too, my products can't  be ordered because VM says they are out of stock, this is not the case.. I can enter any stocklevel I want, still unorderable! No matter what I change in de shop front config, the same message keeps popping up when I click a product... And indeed, no answer from anyone!

tuki

I have the same problem. I found a solution. Watch this tutorial. Generic custom fields with working stock control. http://awebsupport.com/vm2-set-up-child-product-with-stock-control