News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Shipping price

Started by wise001, October 09, 2012, 20:44:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wise001

Hello,

can any one help me to find out why i don't see the shipping price at the checkout page.
Its calculating the price but not showing what it costs (3.95)

i have also attached a screenshot.

Any help Will be great.

thx

[attachment cleanup by admin]

bytelord

Hello,

Forgot to mention your joomla and vm version. Did you try without template overrides? It is working?
the original file for your installation locate under your_joomla_folder\components\com_virtuemart\views\cart\tmpl\default_pricelist.php
Check if your custom template/cart file is outdated. If you using overrides will be located somewhere like: your_joomla_folder\templates\your_joomla_template\html\com_virtuemart\cart\default_pricelist.php
Also check your shipment configuration and post it back

Regards
Production: Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.14 | PHP 5.3.13
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.16 | PHP 5.3.8
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 |    VM 2.1   | PHP 5.3.8

- Don't Forget to mark thread as solved when it is solved!
- Please do not PM with support questions, use the forum!

wise001

Hi Thx for your replay.

im using:

PHP versie    5.3.3-7+squeeze3
Joomla! versie    Joomla! 2.5.4 Stable [ Ember ] 2-April-2012 14:00 GMT
vm version 2.0 and have to update to 2.0.6 but i can  not because its a commercial template and build only for 2.0 if i update some features will be disabled.

This are the things that i have overided:
COM_VIRTUEMART_USER_FORM_BILLTO_LBL="Factuuradres"
COM_VIRTUEMART_ORDER_PRINT_BILL_TO_LBL="Factuuradres"
COM_VIRTUEMART_USER_FORM_SHIPTO_LBL="Verzendadres"
COM_VIRTUEMART_ORDER_PRINT_SHIP_TO_LBL="Verzendadres"
TM_VIRTUEMART_CART_ORDER="Uw bestelling Informatie"
COM_VIRTUEMART_ORDER_PRINT_SHIPPING_LBL="Verzend informatie"
TM_VIRTUEMART_CART_BILLING="Factuur en verzend adres"
TM_VIRTUEMART_CART_TITLE="Ik ben al geregistreerd"
TM_VIRTUEMART_CART_ADD_TO="Toevoegen"

and i added a new backend screenshto of shipment confing

bytelord

Hello,

2.0 is too OLD! 2.0.6 also!
So cannot tell you something about that, from then have been made hundred of changes. You should upgrade and create your own custom template or ask from gavick support site to send you the update.

On their site that template is updated to 2010. https://www.gavick.com/updates/templates/gk_boutique_j16,905.html

So download the updated version

Regards

wise001

oke well then it seems my problem is biger that i thought.

But do you realy think it has to do with the update? because such a think must not depend on an update.

anyway if you dont mind i will keep the topic open in case someone had this issue and solved.

Thank you very much

bytelord

Hello,

vm 2.0 is too old, is buggy! is not the only issue that may be you will experience.
But don't understand why you don't download the latest version of your commercial template.
Of course and depend on an update, because when updating vm  there are template changes and those changes should be applied on you custom template also!

Regards

wise001

Well first when i instlled the template the first thing i did was updating the vm but the website dindt look like the demo so i contact them and they told me
that this template is build for 2.0.6 and not for 2.10 so i should delete teh new vm adn install the 2.0.6 again.

this is the template http://www.templatemonster.com/virtuemart-templates/40388.html

if i update the template will not look like the demo so it will costs me alot of time and maybe money to get the  job done.
Actualy everything is working wel accept i dont see the shipment price.

me not happy;)

bytelord

Hi,

i missed something, i was thinking you post me the url, but was for other post , sorry for that. You can find the layout changes here so be able to upgrade your vm version and also your template.

You can find the template changes here for 2.0.8: http://dev.virtuemart.net/attachments/download/456/com_virtuemart.2.0.8_layout_changes.zip
here for 2.0.10: http://dev.virtuemart.net/attachments/download/476/com_virtuemart.2.0.10_layout_changes.zip
here for 2.0.12: http://dev.virtuemart.net/attachments/download/492/com_virtuemart.2.0.12_layout_changes.zip

And also here: http://virtuemart.net/news/list-all-news/416

Sorry for hearing that you buy a third party template and is not updated, also refused to support you.

Regards

webzie

The shipping price is only showing when a customer has entered his address and has logged in, so the shipping price can be calculated depending on where he lives. This is how VM is set up I guess. You can enter different shipping prices for different countries, so until the customer has entered the country VM doesn't know which shipping price to show.
Did you log in as a customer and checked if the shipping price appears?

bytelord

ok then,

This is normal, if you have configure your shipment method with country/state and shopper group, so until the user fills out (registered or checkout as guest) no shipment cost is been shown because it doesn't know the country/state and perhaps shopper group you have configured.

So, as webzien suggests try that also ... but vm2.0 is kind too old.

Regards

wise001

Well guys thank you very much for your help but its not the confeguration i didnt choose the country because we dont ship outside of the country the shipment is flat so one price for everyone, and no weight or anything else.
And yes i"m loged as a customor but there is something that i mis i guess, i just dont see the shipment price.

I have donwloade the file but oh boy its to much to change but i will give a try.

bytelord

Hi,

Please as i suggest before try without template overrides, if is working is a template issue.
So if you confirm follow the instructions on my previous post @00:14:42

Keep in mind tha the original vm file for price is located under your_joomla_folder\components\com_virtuemart\views\cart\tmpl\default_pricelist.php and your commercial template file located
your_joomla_folder\templates\your_joomla_template\html\com_virtuemart\cart\default_pricelist.php
Compare that two to see why the shipment price is not shown.

Regards

webzie

I think it is in configuration, you have to specify at least 1 country. The country the shopper lives in.
And is the weight of the product within 0-30?
Try specifying at least 1 country in configuration of shipment method.

Try deleting everything in configuration except 'Kosten verzending' and 'Landen'.

wise001

Hello,

got to tired yesterday lol sorry for my late replay.

wel let me add couple of screenshot of config and i logged as costumor with selected country

wise001

Quote from: webzie on October 10, 2012, 01:52:43 AM
I think it is in configuration, you have to specify at least 1 country. The country the shopper lives in.
And is the weight of the product within 0-30?
Try specifying at least 1 country in configuration of shipment method.

Try deleting everything in configuration except 'Kosten verzending' and 'Landen'.

Let see this ones again maybe i mis something thank you very much for your time and effort.