VM2 AIO Live Update Issue (Not updating from 2.0.10.k5 to 2.0.12)

Started by paulyap2k, October 06, 2012, 06:10:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bytelord

Hello,

Not sure exactly what happened with your installation but you could try download tar.gz files and reinstall AIO. com_virtuemart_allinone is the update component, mod_virtuemart_product is the a module for displaying products installed by aio.

Regards
Production: Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.14 | PHP 5.3.13
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.16 | PHP 5.3.8
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 |    VM 2.1   | PHP 5.3.8

- Don't Forget to mark thread as solved when it is solved!
- Please do not PM with support questions, use the forum!

wsfsb

Appologies for confusing the issue with location of the module files.  I have rolled back to the previous 2.010 AIO and replaced the module files, it works set to Latest, but only shows one regardless of how many the module is configured to display.

nektar

Sorry for being late... Thank you for your responses.

So we ll be waiting for the new release!

amymattian

Hi,

I had problems updating AIO from 2.0.14 to 2.0.16. Used upload-page not AIO Update page. But the modules showed the old version in the Extention Manager / Manage page. Only way to get the new 2.0.16. modules showing was by first unloading AIO Component and then uploading it again from Install page. Even then they modules were visible in the files, but not in the admin. I found them on Discover page and was able to reinstall them there. Finally I had to make all new modules for VM-modules in Module Manager page. Seems quite troublesome.

My question is what is the normal procedure for handling AIO? Should AIO modules always be update through AIO Component or is it better to update via Install page?

Also does the new modules override the old ones or should new AIO modules be done after updating?

Is there any instructions, documentation of how to handle AIO's in VM2?

Greetings,
- Anne