VM2 AIO Live Update Issue (Not updating from 2.0.10.k5 to 2.0.12)

Started by paulyap2k, October 06, 2012, 06:10:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulyap2k

Hi, anyone out there having issues and solutions to problem on VM2 AIO updates (from 2.0.10.K5 to 2.0.12)?

1) Trying both manual install through extension Manager with downloads from
http://virtuemart.net/component/ars/repository/virtuemart-2-aio/virtuemart-2-aio-2-0-12/com_virtuemart.2.0.12_ext_aio.zip

2) And using the update VM Plugin tables button

After the operation, the installed version continue to show 2.0.10.K5 and Latest version 2.0.12

bytelord

Hello,

Try to download the tar.gz files and try it again from your joomla extension manager to install them manually. After that clean your joomla cache and your browser cache.

btw, 2.0.10.K5 version, that K5 i am not sure comes from any VM release. You have changes to the core?

Regards
Production: Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.14 | PHP 5.3.13
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.16 | PHP 5.3.8
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 |    VM 2.1   | PHP 5.3.8

- Don't Forget to mark thread as solved when it is solved!
- Please do not PM with support questions, use the forum!

paulyap2k

hi bytelord,

thanks for the response. Did what you suggested and update to AIO does not seems to change.

I have recently purchase a VM template from flexiblewebdesign.com and the method for install is to create
com_virtuemart folders in joomlaRoot/templates/yourTemplate/html/ and populate with files provided. Does it constitute as core hack and would this prevent update of VM AIO ?

Thanks

bytelord

Hello,

Clean you joomla cache and refresh aio information, should normaly tolds you that you have the latest version.

As for your template, NO there is no core hack, only template overrides, you will do the same for example if you create a vm template. Is the place where template overrides are been saved, like on other components, modules, etc

Regards

paulyap2k

Hi there, thanks again for taking the time to reply..

Did clear cache under maintenance as well as purge cache, and did a refresh without noticing any change.

Could it be CHMOD issue on server ?, I don't remember doing any chmod to any directory.
If i have accidentally did something in the past, which dir would AIO be updated so i can take a look ?

anyway, i also noticed from the live AIO update page, the date issue , not sure if this info is relevent:

A new version is available
Installed version 2.0.10.K5
Latest version 2.0.12
Latest release date 1999-11-30
Direct download URL http://virtuemart.net/component/ars/repository/virtuemart-2-aio/virtuemart-2-aio-2-0-12/com_virtuemart.2.0.12_ext_aio.zip
Powered by Akeeba Live Update

Cheers,
Paul

bytelord

Hello,

Yes you can take look.

But for the version notification (Installed version 2.0.10.K5). I don't know why shows that! The version is 2.0.10 the K5 i don't know from where come from!

Inside your_joomla_folder\administrator\components\com_virtuemart\virtuemart.xml what version is telling you have and what date?

Regards

nektar

I have exactly the same problem here... it would be great to have a solution to this.

paulyap2k

Quote from: bytelord on October 07, 2012, 08:22:13 AM
Hello,

It show 2.0.12 for virtuemart, but I could not locate anywhere that shows VM AIO version.

For clarification, I have two VM component. Virtuemart and Virtuemart AIO, that i assume Virtuemart AIO is used to sync extension and plugin to latest VM version after i updated VM version. So I always do the Virtuemart 2 All in one Installer Update after virtuemart update. Was the AIO update necessary ?

btw, I search for 2.0.10.K5 and found the version in one of the depository. I believe is version I used for AIO update in the past:
https://dev.virtuemart.net/svn/virtuemart/trunk/virtuemart/administrator/components/com_virtuemart_allinone/install.xml

nektar

Quote from: bytelord on October 07, 2012, 08:22:13 AM
Hello,

Yes you can take look.

But for the version notification (Installed version 2.0.10.K5). I don't know why shows that! The version is 2.0.10 the K5 i don't know from where come from!

Inside your_joomla_folder\administrator\components\com_virtuemart\virtuemart.xml what version is telling you have and what date?

Regards

it shows

<creationDate>October 04 2012</creationDate>

<author>The VirtueMart Development Team</author>

<authorEmail>max|at|virtuemart.net</authorEmail>

<authorUrl>http://www.virtuemart.net</authorUrl>

<copyright>Copyright (C) 2004-2012 Virtuemart Team. All rights reserved.</copyright>

<license>http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-2.0.html GNU/GPL</license>

<version status="MINOR">2.0.12</version>

imageinaction

My entire website is now inaccessible after updating to 2.0.12 ... I'm still trying to find a solution

bytelord

Hello,

@imageinaction Please try to open a new thread describing your problem installing vm2012.

@nektar From what I know the VM dev team will resolve the issue shortly with the K5 version.

Regards

alatak

Hello,

Yes we found where come the K5 in 2.0.10K5. But it is not important. It is only the version number that has not been set correctly.

bytelord

Hello alatak,

just show it. Thanks.

@nektar so your installation is fine and you can proceed with the rest :). In the next release will be showing the right version for everyone.

Regards

bighand

Hello, All

in file your_joomla_folder\administrator\components\com_virtuemart_allinone\install.xml

text:
<version status="MINOR">2.0.10.K5</version>

change to:
<version status="MINOR">2.0.12</version>

and update information on version in site page.

wsfsb

I am wondering if this is a bigger problem actually.

With 2.0.12 the location of the AIO modules has moved i understand from com_virtuemart_allinone to mod_virtuemart_product.  I managed to somehow get it working by completely removing the old AIO component manually and did a reinstall, killing old versions, cache etc.  PROBLEM:  latest no longer functions.  Random does, why would that be?

I usually do a backup before i upgrade, this time i didn't and it is a mess!!!

Jase