Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Update to Virtumart 2.0.12 caused website to fail

Started by imageinaction, October 05, 2012, 14:06:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imageinaction

>:( Arrrgggggggg

What has been done???

I just updated to Virtumart 2.0.12  via Virtumart-aio as prompted ... now (instantly) none of my pages will load. My whole site is now completely inaccessible via any of the browsers I test on ... 

How can I recover from this disaster? Is is possible to deinstall and then reinstall Virtumart 2.0.10 without compromising my website? 

I'm using Joomla 2.5.7

My host is fine I have several other sites working correctly.

imageinaction

Anybody out there???

Assistance appreciated ... please, please ...  I needed to go live on Tuesday

Warrock

Love learning computer tips and tricks
Coding is my passion
Shopping is my hobby

http://www.warocks.com/

imageinaction

John2400

Yes you can reload backover the top -

* I had less trouble than ever - It is the only time for me that the install in the backend worked perfectly in maybe 4 stable versions.

* make sure you try again try another method of installing

imageinaction

I tried reinstalling VirtuMart in as many ways as I could to no avail, finally I stripped out the entire website and then reinstalled it via Filezilla from my local test server. This appeared to do the trick, but it was only temporary. Access to the e-commerce pages quickly became patchy, sometimes I could access a page anther time (for no apparent reason) often I could not open the same page twice. At the moment I can read all other areas of the website but none of the VirtuMart pages.  :(

Interestingly my VirtuMart control panel is advising me I have a new UPDATE FOUND! CLICK TO UPDATE. 2.0.12 ??? I was sure this is what I installed last week, so I checked the changes and can confirm this is the case.  :-\

This may or may not be related but ... some time ago I had a similar problem (all pages of my website produced a clear page). I noticed that if I disabled the plugin VM - Payment, Klarna my site was returned to normal. I have just reviewed my error log and noticed reference to Klarna twice! in one of  the lines of code: 

[Tue Oct 09 20:15:08 2012] [error] [client 109.152.225.93] PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 25165824 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 837 bytes) in /home/sites/crackersforchristmas.com/public_html/plugins/vmpayment/klarna/klarna/api/transport/xmlrpc-3.0.0.beta/lib/xmlrpc.inc on line 243, referer: http://www.crackersforchristmas.com/index.php/privacy/2-uncategorised/7-exclusions

Is this a problem for me?????

HELP

bytelord

Production: Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.14 | PHP 5.3.13
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.16 | PHP 5.3.8
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 |    VM 2.1   | PHP 5.3.8

- Don't Forget to mark thread as solved when it is solved!
- Please do not PM with support questions, use the forum!

randomdev

bytelord

Didn't show the last error,

As randomdev suggests you can to change your php.ini to increase the memory size, i am suggesting to try with 64 and 128mb, 32 is not a lot for joomla 2.5.

memory_limit = 128M

or

memory_limit = 64mb

Regards
Production: Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.14 | PHP 5.3.13
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.16 | PHP 5.3.8
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 |    VM 2.1   | PHP 5.3.8

- Don't Forget to mark thread as solved when it is solved!
- Please do not PM with support questions, use the forum!

imageinaction

You are brilliant ... thanks for your patience with me, the 128M did the trick and it seams to be stable. ;)