News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Multiple Customfileds Filter Virtuemart 2

Started by usovdm, October 05, 2012, 10:03:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

usovdm

Hello, dear friends. We created another one search module by customfields Virtuemart 2.
Multiple Customfield Filter
JED: http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/extension-specific/virtuemart-extensions/virtuemart-products-search/22062
Homepage: http://myext.eu/en/
Demo: http://myext.eu/demo/
First version: 0.1 (April 2012)
Last version: 1.6.5 (2012/11/20)

Features
1. Customfield plug-in allowing to choose several product values from drop-down list
2. Search module searching by customfields, categories, manufacturers and prices
3. Internal CSV export/import for product fields values
4. Detailed documentation with loads of screenshots http://myext.eu/en/docs
and others:
* No third-party components! Work directly with Virtuemart 2 via plug-in system
* Search by price considering discounts and multi-currencies, and display as slider with highlighted active values
* AJAX module update, as well as AJAX products list update, in case of changes in filter parameters
* Sorting and management of customfield values via user-friendly interface
* Calculation of products quantity corresponding to each parameter, depending on already chosen parameters, and imitation of linked lists by hiding zero parameters
* Manual link to categories, as well as ability to automatically select fields
* No changes to Virtuemart 2 code. Clean installation.

shappyking

I see you have released a new version 2, does this version allow search query to be stored, e.g. I select so options, can i have those options stored on the search section until i clear so anything i browse for on the site will only show that of those selected search fields.

usovdm

No, we didn't have this option in consideration yet. Could you describe how you imagine this from start to finish?

jedzon

Hello,
I have 2 problems with your extension.

1. I can't find "Drop Down List" in plug-in  - I have everything except this one filed.
2. How to work with "Assign to field". I try to use it but unfortunatelly, I see assigned field no matter what I choose - how to work with it?

I have latest version of you plug-in.
VIrtue Mart 2.0.20b
Joomla! - 2.5.9 Stable

Please let me know how to solve it.

jagg_es

Hi,

I can't find "Drop Down List" option in custom field area. Looks different to the image examples that you have in http://myext.eu/en/docs.

My Joomla version 2.5.11
My Virtuemart version  2.0.20b

Thx for your help.

mpevreuls

Hi,

i am reading the documentation of this plugin and actually having 2 questions

• Can I and how can I make two fields of the pluging depend on each other. For example i have one field called Food. Then depending on the selection in this field i want the second field show values based on the selected value. So i end up. Selecting on the first field called 'food' for the option Seafood. Then in the second field i want to be able to select from Fish, Veggies, Recipies.
    When i select on the first field the option Meat I want to second field to be shown Cow, Snake, etc
  • Is there any limitation on the number of records i can put in the fields. Is this unlimited or can i put in for example max 250 per field

best regards, Marcel

usovdm

Hello.

mpevreuls,
1. The only way you can make one field depend on the other is to use 'Assign to field' option in custom field settings. You can assign one field to another and it will appear only when the choice is made in the field it was assigned to. You can also bind it with value in 'Assign to field value'. Always indicate value IDs rather than names.
We also recommend setting 'Template of number of products' to hidden, so that values that are irrelevant are not shown.
2. You have limits on PHP config level only, i.e. depending on the number of allowed POST variables (max_input_vars = 1000 is in turn equal to 162 field values).

mpevreuls

tnx, for the reply. i will have a go with it, thank you

pgehle

I have problems with the filter when a article is in several categories. After apply the filter just the categories are shown but not the Articles.

usovdm

Quote from: pgehle on January 08, 2014, 14:38:42 PM
I have problems with the filter when a article is in several categories. After apply the filter just the categories are shown but not the Articles.
You can write to us to the official email of support: support@myext.eu. Thank you.

Alexikakos

Hi, I wonder if can I have two categories filter in same module. One categories filter for parent categories and under this a filter with subcategories of parents categories.

usovdm

Hi,
We have a single category filter that incorporates both parent and child categories.
Please contact us at support@myext.eu and we'll answer further inqueries.

Janusz12

Hello!
Unfortunately, when you try to update Joomla plugin stops working properly. The same thing takes place after the installation of additional module. There is no help from the author.
So install, run and nothing more because I do not fall apart.

Witam!
Niestety przy próbie aktualizacji Joomla plugin przestaje prawidłowo działać. To samo ma miejsce po instalacji dodatkowego modułu. Nie ma pomocy ze strony autora.
Czyli zainstaluj, uruchom i nic wiecej nie rób bo się rozsypie.

usovdm

Quote from: Janusz12 on January 07, 2016, 19:40:54 PM
Hello!
Unfortunately, when you try to update Joomla plugin stops working properly. The same thing takes place after the installation of additional module. There is no help from the author.
So install, run and nothing more because I do not fall apart.
We have a global national holidays due several days. So we are sorry for delay with our answer.
But we don't have on our mail messages which sound as "issues after update Joomla plugin". We have one similar email "install Joomla different contact form" and we ansered today.

In any case you can get skilled help only via official support by email. We always answered to all emails as soon as possible. Sometimes it takes time. Sorry.

josep

Good afternoon,
I'm testing the module free, and I have a doubt before purchase.
I want the module only look to the category of products that use the filter, but when I do a Search, display products, but the filter panel disappears. It is possible that the module is seen with products that match? I do not want the panel to be displayed on all pages

Thanks