News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Itemized prices don't show in cart

Started by dwainerobison, October 04, 2012, 22:30:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dwainerobison

I have a Joomla 2.5., VM 2.0.10. It all works well except that on the cart function, as a buyer is adding products, the cart never shows the line item prices as items are added to the cart, including the auto shipping cost based on country. The prices are in the system correctly they just don't show on the cart. The prices show up correctly on the invoices also. I have followed every permutation of selections in VM admin to try to get the prices showing but the fact that they are in the system (in the invoice and in Admin > VM > Orders suggests that the selections are right

Please see the 2 screen shots to illustrate.

I have gone over many of the posts and never found one just like this, but I even followed several that just said a general situation like "Cart function not working"

Any ideas?

[attachment cleanup by admin]

bytelord

Hi,

Any live url to check? Have you tried without templates override?

Regards
Production: Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.14 | PHP 5.3.13
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.16 | PHP 5.3.8
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 |    VM 2.1   | PHP 5.3.8

- Don't Forget to mark thread as solved when it is solved!
- Please do not PM with support questions, use the forum!

dwainerobison

Thank you for the speedy feedback!

Check the site at:
http://www.trueworldaccess.com/TeaLife/

Re: "Have you tried without templates override?" Where? - there are references to templates choices all over VM?

I tried Admin > VM > Configuration > Configuration > Templates > "Default template for your Shop choices", that didn't seem to do anything. I have tried every imaginable permutation of Configuration > Configuration > Pricing > "Show Following Prices", and several other places.

bytelord

Hello,

You could simply rename your custom template folder. Look in your Joomla template html directory for com_virtuemart subdirectory. If its there then you are using overrides. So at the moment you could rename that folder, that exact path should be your_joomla_folder/templates/l-carmentheme/html/com_virtuemart, so rename com_virtuemart temporary and then check your site, if it working probably you have update virtuemart from an older version and you haven't apply the changes to your custom template.

Template Changes:
http://virtuemart.net/component/content/article/420
http://virtuemart.net/component/content/article/416

also you could download from http://dev.virtuemart.net/projects/virtuemart/files the last com_virtuemart.2.0.xx_layout_changes.zip from the last versions.

Regards

dwainerobison

Thank you bytelord! I will try these and report back.

dwainerobison

Thanks again bytelord.

Indeed when I renamed the .... /l-carmentheme/html/com_virtuemart folder the prices showed up. The styling and features was shot to death and some features were gone (delete line item, recalc qty) but prices were there. I spent 6 hours trying to update the 17 files as shown on http://dev.virtuemart.net/projects/virtuemart/files (which are just 17 image files that are hard for me to read), I never found new php/css files. My 6 hour "update" did nothing.

I isolated the guilty file in the .... /l-carmentheme/html/com_virtuemart folder by enabling the folder and renaming files 1 by 1. It was .../cart/default_pricelist.php. This is where I am stuck. I am not a php coder although I have hacked away using trial and error on many extensions, sometimes even successfully. But this time it is a bit more complex. It looks like the code is there to print prices, but it doesnt show on the front end. When I look at the source html of the page, the css shows up but just blank where code should be.

I have updated to VM 2.0.12 both com_virtuemart.2.0.12.zip and com_virtuemart.2.0.12_ext_aio.zip

Does someone somewhere have a current default_pricelist.php that works. I cant believe that I am the only one who has this problem (well... yes I can believe it...)

Thank you for all your help so far. I am almost there but need a final push in the right direction.

[attachment cleanup by admin]

bytelord

Hello,

Your "default" default_pricelist.php is located under joomla_folder\site\components\com_virtuemart\views\cart\tmpl\default_pricelist.php. So you could compare that two files and make the necessary changes.

Regards

dwainerobison

Yes thank you. What I ended up doing is, as you suggest below, to delete the default_pricelist.php (the offending file) in the l-carminetheme folder and use the "default" default_pricelist.php in the components/com_virtuemart folder and style it the way I needed.

After spending all that time trying to "update" the "templates" I still have no idea why the l-carmentheme version would not display prices.

All is well that ends well.

Thanks for your efforts!

bytelord

Hello,
Great! You resolve it :)

It is not displayed because probably haven't be updated (template). If that is a commercial template then the provider should have an updated version for vm 2.0.12.

Regards

dwainerobison

bytelord

Change the title, place a [solved] or change the initial message icon to solved.

dwainerobison

One last very important question. If I download the latest VM 2.0.12 component and the latest All In One component, then install these, should I have the latest everything and all should work?

bytelord

Hello,

What do you mean latest everyting? Yes you could update, just a small issue that have been fixed already on the SVN (does not show on category view the stock handle). The fix is here for 2.0.12: https://github.com/VirtueMart/virtuemart/commit/8334a1f67e44c5074c6287b3b29f01855d7bc05e

You should also keep in mind that there are also template changes so you will have to update your custom vm template.

Regards